Chapter 1

Niyati's POV

Today, my daughter and I decided to surprise my husband by visiting him at his office with lunch. Aashvi, our daughter, is very excited to see his dada at his office that she could not stop running around the house. I was getting ready in our bedroom when she came in. "Mumma, hurry! We go see daddy!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands.

I chuckled t her excitement and picked her in my arms. She snuggled into my chest as I kissed her forehead. "Let's get you ready, baby," I told her. I took her to her room and let her pick the outfit she wanted to wear.

Her outfit

Her outfit.

I helped her wear the dress and then made her hair. I was already ready, so we were good to go.

 I was already ready, so we were good to go

My outfit.

"Shall we go, Ashu?" I asked my daughter, who eagerly nodded in return. She picked up the card she wanted to give to her father and walked downstairs with me. I informed mom about the visit and sat in the car after strapping Aashvi. "Can you play Frozen song for me, Mumma?" she asked. I nodded and played the song. She was happily listening to the music, making me smile.

Suddenly the car jerked towards the side, making the windows crash. I immediately held Aashu's hand. I felt my head bleeding, but my priority was my daughter. Before I could do anything, I felt my head spinning. The last thing I heard was my daughter's scream, and then everything went black.

When I woke up, I was in the hospital bed with my husband Jay beside me. He noticed my movements and immediately hugged me. I hugged him back, wanting to feel his warmth. He called the doctor. After checking me, the doctor told me that I had a scratch on my head, and otherwise, I was fine.

After the doctor left, I turned to Jay, "What happened, Jay?" "You and Aashvi were in an accident. A truck collided with your car," he replied. I started to panic when I noticed that Aashvi was not with me. "Where is Aashu Jay?" I asked him. His eyes were moist, "she is in the operation theatre. She was in critical condition when you guys arrived here."

A sob escaped my mouth when I heard that my princess was in the operation theatre. "Please take me to her, Jay," I pleaded with my husband.

He did not accept my request as I still needed rest, but I held his hand and requested him again. I just wanted to see my baby. In the end, he agreed and called the nurse.

The nurse helped me sit in the wheelchair and pushed me toward the OT. I turned my head to see Jay was following us. I extended my hand towards him, and as if he understood my gesture, he held my hand tightly.

It has been 2 hours since Ashu is in the OT, but there is no news about her. I was getting scared with every passing minute.

My whole family is with us. My mother-in-law tried to get me some rest, but I couldn't. Jay is sitting with me, holding my hand. "I am sorry," I whispered to him. He looked at me, "why are you saying sorry, Niyati?" "This all happened because of me. If we didn't come to meet you in the office, this wouldn't have happened," I cried.

He hugged me tightly, rubbing my back. "It is not your fault," he assured me. After a few minutes, the doctor came out of the OT. We all were anxious. "I am sorry, but we couldn't save her. The glass from the window pierced into her lungs. Again sorry for your loss," he said sympathetically and went away. Mom, dad, Ankit, and Poorvi all were crying. She was the doll of the family. Jay tried to control his tears, but silent tears fell from his eyes.