Regulus Black

WARNINGS: DEATH AND DROWNING

The screen is black, but slowly it becomes a mix of greens and blues. The colors of churning sea water. 

"Nothing's happening, what are we supposed to be seeing?" Ron questions obliviously to the change in color on the screen.

"Ronald, did you not see the color change? It went from black to, well whatever this is supposed to be." Hermione tells him,  rolling her eyes.

"Water, it's water." Remus tells them his voice sounding shaky.

As they watch two words show up on the screen,

  Regulus Black.

There was an uproar of sound, chaos and chatter. 

"Regulus Black, isn't he dead?"

"Wasn't he a Death Eater?"

"Regulus Black as in Sirius Black's brother?"

"wasn't Sirius a murderer?"

"But this isn't about Sirius this is about his brother-"

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore has to all but screech to be heard over the loud chatter, for the second time that night.

"I am sure if we be quiet and let the video continue, it will explain why it is telling us about Mr. Black." McGonagall tries to reason, sounding worried.

At her words the chatter dies down and everyone  gets ready for whatever it is going to show.

Regulus didn't want to die, in fact a lot of the things that had happened so far he wished hadn't.

Everyone is absolutely silent, it was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop.

There were three main things that Regulus wished hadn't happened, but they were three things that did happen.

The first thing he wished had not happened was being born a Black.

Many eyebrows raise at that, a Black wishing to not be a Black? Though if anyone looked close enough at two people in the Great Hall, one was in the form of a dog, you could tell they were close to tears. Just because they had heard their dear Reggie's voice, when they thought they would never hear it again.

Regulus wished he wasn't a Black because if he wasn't a Black he would never have had to deal with the mess that got him killed in the first place.

We see flashes of images, slightly blurry around the edges, as if an old memory.

Regulus climbing into a boat behind Kreacher, looking nervous, shaky but all around determined.

Regulus ordering Kreacher which we can hear faintly, as if underwater.

"Kreacher you must destroy the locket,"

"But master Regulus-"

"No Kreacher, do you hear me, you must!"

"Alright, master Regulus, Kreacher will destroy the locket."

Then the scene changes and we see Regulus reach to the water on his stomach looking tired and done with everything.

Finally, we see Regulus being pulled in by a pale, sickly, bony hand and being pulled under thrashing. 

A couple of first  and second years look away, not wanting to see someone die. 

They hear his voice and the narration starts again.

The second thing Regulus wished never happened was when he got the Dark Mark.

Most of the people in the Great Hall were surprised now, a Death Eater that didn't want the mark? You could see tears streaming down Narcissa's face, hearing the voice of her dead cousin, her favourite cousin is hard for her. Harder even because he is narrating his own death.

The only reason Regulus got the dark mark in the first place was to please his parents. Personally he would rather have not become a Death Eater.

The third thing Regulus wished hadn't happened was Sirius's departure.

Padfoot looks down, he never knew what his leaving had done to his brother. He thought Regulus was happy with his crucio crazy mother. Though now he was seeing differently.

Regulus, wished he had gone with his brother that day, years ago. Regulus wished his brother understood. Regulus was scared. Scared of losing Sirius, scared of death, scared of his parents and the path that was carved for him.

At this point many people were crying because they felt sorry for the younger Black brother and, feeling sorry for him because of what he had to go through.

There was one thing Regulus was proud of though. Regulus was proud of how he died. He was proud that he had managed to rebel like how Sirius had wanted him to. Regulus wondered, as he sank through the water, would Sirius lay flowers on his grave? Would Sirius miss him? Would anyone miss him?

With that last thought slipping through his mind, like water through fingers, Regulus Black sank. Down, and down, and down,  his body went through the water. Letting the Inferni pull him under to a watery grave. Where he would lay the unknown hero.  Not knowing that his sacrifice would be the downfall of Lord Voldemort.

The Great Hall was absolutely silent, now knowing that they were about to see more deaths. Even worse for them, the deaths of their loved ones, and they feared who would be next.

A/N Not too horrid, right?  Who should I do next?