___

You were hyperventilating.

She knew.

She read the messages.

She was coming to your house.

You were going to fucking die.

You couldn't breathe.

Your head was numb.

You tried to stand,

but your legs shook unnaturally.

Your gaze was blurry.

Were you going to pass out?

You were suffocating.

This couldn't be happening again.

Not again.

Not after last time.

You wouldn't survive it.

You couldn't do it again.

Black began to eat away at the edges of your vision.

You were going to pass out, and you knew that Andy would be angry.

When she opened the door and saw Tessa, she would...

Oh, fuck. Not fucking Tessa. Fucking anyone, anything but Tessa.

"Big Sis?"

You shook harder.

"Y/n!"

You felt a warmth begin to wrap around you.

"Hey, shh...shh, Y/n...it's okay."

You managed to choke out Tessa's name.

"Yeah, it's me...hey, think about the rain."

You were paralyzed.

"Think of gentle rain...think about how it hits the bushes, and the trees, and the little houses. Hey, the sun's out too, N/n. The sun is shining on the rain, and it's so warm and bright..." Tessa's voice was soothing, and you felt yourself gradually begin to calm down. "Hey...you know, we used to love watching the rain together. I was originally so scared of the thunder and lightning, but you helped me see the beauty of it, and I've loved the rain ever since."

You looked up at your sister, finding yourself clinging to her waist for support.

"You know I'm always here for you, right? That's what sisters are for. Unconditional love and support." Tessa smiled at you.

But you hadn't been there for her when she needed you. You didn't deserve her love, nor did you deserve her support. You probably never would, but despite that, you found yourself smiling back at her. "Tessa, I--"

The doorbell rang.

Your heart plummeted.

You pushed away from Tessa and rushed to open the door.

"N/n!" Andy leaped forward and pulled you into a hug.

To anyone else, it would probably seem innocent. Sweet, even.

But you'd known this girl since you were twelve.

You could feel how stiff her arms were around you, and you could hear the false cheer in her tone.

And your blood turned to ice.

___

The lights were dimmed.

The air conditioning clicked on, sending a chill through your room, as Andy slowly sat down on your bed.

You felt goosebumps spring up on your arms, but you made no move to sit by her.

You stood in the doorway.

Frozen solid.

"So, Y/n..."

Your eyes widened when she finally spoke.

Her voice was deadly.

Quiet, composed, and all-out murderous.

Andy was pissed.

"Come, sit."

She didn't indicate the spot beside her on the bed.

She wanted you to sit beneath her.

You did so reluctantly, never meeting her gaze.

"Care to explain who 'creepy guy' is?"

You felt her take a strand of your hair between her fingers, holding it at an angle where it pinched you uncomfortably. You cleared your throat silently. "He's someone who tried to text me. Camryn's friend."

Andy's finger slipped under your chin and pushed it upwards, her darkening eyes meeting your own. "Don't call that little shit by name."

"Okay."

Andy smiled at you coldly. "And when that boy texted you, what did you do?"

"I responded."

"You responded." You could see her anger multiplying by the second. "And then what did you do, Darling?"

You hesitated.

"Y/n."

"...I insulted you."

"And?"

"I said you were keeping me unwillingly caged in a friendship."

"Like an animal, right, Darling?"

"Yes."

Andy pulled back from you, her face going blank as she studied you from above. "Do you understand why I'm angry, Y/n?"

"Yes."

"All I ever do is care for you. I've stuck by you for all these years as your best friend, only for you to turn around and degrade me behind my back." Andy's eyes began to tear up. "Y/n, do you hate me?"

'Yes.'

"No."

Andy pouted, though her eyes remained calculative. "Then why, Darling? Why did you say those things about me?"

"I was mad."

"Mad?"

"At the boy. He was annoying."

Andy smiled at you falsely. "So, you were only kidding then? You didn't mean those things that you said about me? They were just...in the heat of the moment?"

"I didn't mean them."

"Oh, I'm so happy to hear you say that, Darling!" Andy melted, her entire expression seeming to transform. "Why don't you sit by me, then?"

You lifted yourself to sit on the bed beside her.

"Look at you, N/n! So stiff." Andy snickered.

You shrugged.

Andy hummed. "Just remember, Darling," Her eyes were fixed intently on a spot on your skin that the both of you knew well, hidden behind a thin wall of clothes.

"Next time a thing like this happens, we'll be going to my house."