Chapter 4

I slowly began to hate going to lessons with him. I could feel my feet dragging, afraid of the pain that comes with unrequited love.
I played the keys in monotone, lacking the drive to truly feel what I was playing. I knew it was all for her.. And I'm unhappy to say my jealousy made me bitter.
"Nikki, you seem distracted. Something on your mind?" He placed his hand on my shoulder and I shook him off, trying to fight what I felt for him.
"I'm fine. I think it would be best if I sat over there. You learn quickly, so play me My Heart Will Go On." I walked over to a chair that was facing the piano. As he began playing he lifted his head, locking eyes with mine. He never looked away as he played, and the way he played made me feel like he meant it for me. My voice quivered when I told him to stop, as soon as he did our connection faded and he looked away.
"I think I have that song down." He said with a nod, never looking at me.
I kept my eyes on him, watching as he fidgeted under my stare. That's how I knew he liked me.. But it was painful to know it wouldn't change a thing. I dropped my eyes and smiled as I gathered papers, "You did great."
He left without saying a word. I felt like I needed to find a solution, but there was only two options. Either stop teaching him, or grow up and be an adult about this whole situation. Men come and go, I could find another him.. At least I hope I can.
As I was walking up the stares I saw cams bag. He left it here.. Unzipped. I know it's wrong but I went through his things. Only to find my name doodled on everything. I smiled to myself thinking about how childish he was, then I started crying because I knew he must have done this with her.
Cam had come back for his things and saw the whole thing. He grabbed his things from me and marched to the door. He stopped at the doorway and whispered he was sorry. I was left on the floor next to my once favorite place in the world. I tried to play the piano but the keys no longer held comfort, only sadness.