Part 16 : Auspicious Occasion

Start from the beginning

Arjun : I need to leave... I have few works to finish... Brothers... Please take my leave...

Karna : We understand Arjun... You may leave

Arjun : Thank you...

With this Arjun leaves... As he reaches his room, within a few minutes he hears a knock on the door...

When he asks the person to enter, he sees Subhadra entering the room...

Subhadra : Arjun, Why did you leave like this? What will the others think?

Arjun : What to do then? I was fuming in anger... But I know how to keep calm... That's why I left from there... I need some time alone Princess...

Subhadra : Arjun... I know you're upset with the fact that Duryodhan came to meet me... But he didn't do anything wrong right? He just talked with me and left...

Arjun : But why did he do this? I mean Duryodhan doesn't do anything without a reason... I think he has something inside his head...

Subhadra : You're over thinking...

Arjun : Shall I wait for him to do something bad then?

Subhadra : Arjun, I'm going to be yours... Everyone will eventually know... Now who will do something bad with me?

Arjun : I don't believe him...

Subhadra finally thought of distracting him from his racing thoughts...

Subhadra : I'm yours Aarya... Everyone will come to know about it... Either today or tomorrow...

Arjun : I think you're right...

Suddenly Arjun realised what she called him...

Arjun : Wait a second... You called me Aarya Priye?

Subhadra : You heard wrong Prince...

Arjun : I heard absolutely right Priye... I love this feeling of being your Aarya...

Arjun embraced her into his arms and kissed her...

Suddenly he remembered something...

Arjun : Priye... I'm a prince and I may need to marry multiple times for political reasons... I know it will hurt you but will you forgive me for that?

Subhadra : Will you love them like you love me now?

Arjun : How can I Subhadra? Love can happen once... You have taken away my heart... How can I give that to someone else? If at all I have to marry anyone, I won't allow them to stay with me in our kingdom... I have given the right of being my queen to you solely... I can't allow any other women the same...

Subhadra : You have answered your question yourself Arjun... If at all you will marry any one else, she won't be near you and you won't love her... So there doesn't stand a question for forgiveness... I love you Arjun... That means I understand your situations too... I don't need to impose my decisions on you...

Arjun : I'm really happy... I can't even tell you how much lucky I am for getting you in my life... My birth has a reason I know... But with you my life itself gets better... I love you Subhadra... I love you very much... I promise I won't do anything that would disappoint you or make you unhappy...

Subhadra : I can trust you with my life prince... I don't have any doubt about you keeping the promise...

Arjun : Well... (getting naughty) Don't you think you still owe me an explanation for calling me Aarya...

Subhadra : You're going to be my husband... I can call you Aarya... I don't think I need to explain saying this to my husband...

Arjun : Well husbands do many things with their wives... Shall we do those too??

Subhadra : Mr. One Track Mind... What do you want to do?

Arjun : Actions speak better than words...

Subhadra : I can understand that your intentions aren't good at all...

Arjun : Won't you need to save yourself Princess?

Subhadra : I don't think I should save myself from my husband... I trust him with my honour... I know he won't do anything that would make me uncomfortable...

Arjun : I'm overwhelmed with your gesture Subhadra... I feel proud to be your husband...

After few naughty things here and there, finally Arjun let Subhadra return to her room...

As she was going towards her room, she suddenly bumped into someone...

As she lifted her head to see who it was, she found herself in the arms of Duryodhan who was looking at her intently...

Subhadra got up abruptly and gazed otherside... Duryodhan asked whether she was fine... Subhadra said she was ok...

Duryodhan said he needed to tell something to her but at that moment a soldier came to intervene...

Soldier : Pranipat Rajkumar... Maharaj wants your presence in the assembly hall...

Duryodhan (to Subhadra) : I need to leave now... But I'll be back soon... Please wait for me...

Subhadra didn't reply anything...

As Duryodhan entered the hall, the announcement of the King shook him to the core...

Dhritarashtra : I'm very happy to announce the engagement of our son Arjun with the princess of Dwarka... The auspicious ceremony of crowning will be held on the same day to enhance the happiness... Courtiers and Subjects are welcome to grace the occasion...
The crowning of the eldest and most eligible Crown Prince Yudhishtir and the engagement of Prince Arjun will be held on the same day...

The courtiers applauded fully to the happy news... News got spread to the subjects too regarding the same...

Duryodhan's plans came shattered down... He wanted to marry Subhadra to atleast far away the Pandavas and get the kingdom... But all his plans got shattered... He now understood why Subhadra didn't reply to his statements...

His rage increased... His each and every plan failed... He couldn't take the fact that the Pandavas were lucky...

At that time came Shakuni...

Shakuni : Son... Have you seen their luck?

Duryodhan : This is their destiny mamashri... To become the winner... And this is my destiny... To become to loser...

Shakuni : Wise men don't talk about destiny my son... They create them...
If you can create their destiny then you can get the throne and that Subhadra too...

Duryodhan : Their destiny should be death Mamashri... I don't want to see them alive...

Shakuni : You need to plan for their destruction my son... And I have a perfect plan for it... You don't worry son... Your throne will stay yours...

What is Shakuni planning? Will he succeed in his plans of destroying the Pandavas?

Stay tuned to know more...