6

"Are you going back to the hotel with us?" Polnareff asks me.  All of us were walking in a line, a lot of our steps were synchronized, it felt pretty neat. We didn't really have a place we wanted to go in mind necessarily, just aimlessly walking until somebody see's a store that catches their eye.

"I don't think so," I say, " I kind of just booked it out of my mothers house and didn't say where I was going, so knowing my mother if I don't come back home she'll find me, find you, and then say you guys kidnapped me,"

"She sounds funny." Polnareff snorts, "Have you have yet to move out or are you visiting or something?"

"Visiting." I smile, "For Noriaki's birthday actually." I send him a look from behind Polnareff.

Noriaki gives a small smile but it lowers into almost a frown, he stares at the floor with such a sad look. I switch spots with Polnareff and walk next to Nori. I take his pinky into mine and lightly squeeze. He looks at our hands then me, his frown is replaced with a smile, a genuine smile. 

"You sure Kakyoin and you are just old friends?" Polnareff looks at our hands.

Noriaki rips his hand away from mine, "I don't even like her as a friend." He then fake gags.

"Cunt." I mumble.

 "You and Jotaro are so similar, fuck you, why do you both feel the need to curse me out under your breath?" Noriaki grabs my pinky with his again.

"If you're being a cunt I'm going to call you on it, and would you rather me yell it or something?" I tell him, earning a small chuckle from Jotaro who was on the other side of Noriaki.

Noriaki rolls his eyes and scoffs. We all continue walking making small talk until Avdol see's a primitive old-fashioned looking book store he would like to stop inside. I think it looks pretty interesting and go in with him, Joseph and Jotaro following. I think Polnareff and Noriaki would rather die then pick up a book, they stay outside chatting in front of the building.

I look through the vintage store, it was dark inside, quiet too. The walls look like they're peeling and deteriorating by the minute but lovely decor is held up to the walls, leaving you breathless and your eyes on it and not the walls,  the books are actually in really good shape too considering the store wasn't.

Someone had leaned in behind me, they're nose barely brushing above my ear, I jumped and let out a small yelp, "Did you know dugongs can live as long as humans?" Jotaro whispered.

I sigh, "You scared the shit out of me." I hold my heart and lean my head on the books in front of me.

Jotaro lets out a deep chuckle, "Oh calm down." He stands next to me with his back against the book shelf.

It was obvious that doesn't talk much, the most he's ever spoken to me during this whole day was those 5-10 minutes he ranted about the ocean to me and honestly it was the best 5-10 minutes this day had to offer. 

"What're you looking at?" Jotaro asks. I yawn and point to the book I was thinking of looking through, possibly buying.  'The Oceans Mysteries' the book read, Jotaro had a small smile on his face.

"Why get books when you have me?" He asks.

"Exactly, as much as I love hearing your excited ranting I wanna be able to have an actual discussion about it, I think it would be nice." I tell him, "The ocean is definitely fascinating, I think you're going to be the cause of a new hyperfixation of mine."

Jotaro lightly chuckles, "I'd love to discuss it with you." I feel my cheeks grow more and more red, I turn my face so he is unable to see my face. 

"Would you like my number?" I say, "For.. more chats about the ocean."

Jotaro raises an eyebrow and holds out his hand, I assume its for my phone so I unlock it and hand it to him.

"Here." He hands it back to me after a minute or two, "Text me when you get home, we can talk about the ocean for however long you wish." He whispers and walks to the exit of the store.

Is he trying in this bet as well? I thought he forgot? You know what? Game on, Kujo. Whoever gets the other to fall first, wins.

I grab the book quickly and go to the cashier to buy it.