°CHAPTER IV•

"You can come out now"

Rocky who was leaning against the wall eavesdropping, stepped out knowing he was caught and decided to reveal himself, walking out into the open.

He was met with the back of the woman yet again which did not please Rocky as he desperately wanted to take a look at her.

"So you've been watching me for a while now. What business do you have with me, if I may inquire?" the woman spoke with a tone of authority yet there was a subtle hint of politeness to it, as to not appear rude.

"Congratulations" Rocky spoke with a firmness in his voice, he was sure of his words. Yet there was this lingering feeling of deja vu as the word left his mouth.

Unknown to him, Akshaya was also feeling the same way, except it felt like she was hit with a train of nostalgia, and this deep ache in her heart which she couldn't place her finger on.

"Why?" She replied, despite the intense feelings she was experiencing just by his presence and voice, trying to play it off as immaculate.

"I love you" Rocky was shocked himself on how easily those words slipped through him yet how he didn't regret telling them to this mysterious woman who he yet had to see the face of.

Akshaya was stunned that she couldn't register his words at all. And after she digested the words in her brain, she let out an amused chuckle, with a subtle gentleness to it, as if she had dawned upon a realization.

"Without even seeing me? How fascinating." Even though the protagonist could not see it, Akshaya had the tiniest smile on her face yet her eyes were extremely sad. Her eyes carried many emotions at once, the most dominating ones being sadness, guilt, regret, longing, happiness and love.

"But no thanks, stay away from me. Too much contact between us will only lead to bloodshed." As soon as she spoke these words, she started walking away from Rocky, making him start to chase her but stopped in his tracks seeing her turn around to face him.

He was in awe as he stared at her face. His breath was stuck in his throat, taking in all her features and looking at her as if she was the most precious being in the universe. Yet his heart ached when she gave him a sad smile, her eyes holding a longing feeling.

"Forget me. This is for your own good." She had immediately put on a cold face as she uttered those words, turned around and walked away again, blending into the crowd and disappearing from his sight successfully.

He immediately ran after her, his right hand stretched out in the direction of her disappearing figure, as if trying to hold her and never let go of her. He couldn't understand why he was reacting this way, it was as if he had no control over his body.

Meanwhile, Akshaya had tears sliding down her cheeks as her face harbored a small, sad smile as these words were let out from her mouth ——

"It's good to see you again, Raja"

As Akshaya was nearing her vehicle, she quickly wiped away the tears, and went back to her emotionless face, trying to get a grip on herself and to get rid of the quiver in her voice.

"Let's go back"
"YES MA'AM "

Thank you so much for 1k reads, I'm so happy !!

Sorry for not posting these days, I've been busy managing my anime account with my friend, making edits and reaching out to big accounts and such things-

And I also had writer's block for a while sooo

Hope you like it! Please don't forget to comment and vote !!