Chapter 7

Enoch POV

"Enoch and Horace are staring at each other!"

My head napped towards Claire. Everybody was looking at Horace and I. And I mean everybody. Hugh and Millard were snickering in the corner. Why do I always have to be humiliated.

"Lair!" After I yelled that, Claire was on the verge of tears, so I did what seemed reasonable in my mind, in the moment. I stood up and stormed downstairs to the basement. I could hear that it was now silent upstairs. Why does this always have to happen to me, I thought.

.

.

.

.

I heard a knock on my door. I thought that it would be Miss Peregrine coming to punish me for being mean to Claire. Because I thought that it would be Miss Peregrine, I got up and opened the door, instead of just yelling 'Who is it?' or 'Come in!'. It wasn't Miss Peregrine.

Horace jumped into my arms for a hug. Since I wasn't expecting the sudden 100 pounds of weight being thrown on me, I stumbled backwards. Luckily my bed was right where I fell, and it caught us. Horace on me, and me under Horace. We were both laughing hysterically. By the time that I had stopped laughing, my mouth hurt. Only because I usually don't smile that much.

I placed a kiss on his forehead. He's just so kissable. And huggable. Beautiful. And, most of all, Hot. Horace is really frickin' hot. Shut up O'Connor! Just enjoy the moment. A moment later, I heard the sound of someone laughing. "Damnit Millard, put some clothes on and leave us alone!" As an after thought I yelled: "And you better not tell a damn soul!" We're screwed.

Soon enough, it started to get darker outside. I checked the time and it was 11:00 pm. I'm not tired whatsoever, I can tell that Horace is. His eyes are drooping and his breath is slowing. We're still in my room. I walked over to him and picked him up onto me. "Hey." Horace looked up at me and smiled.

We couldn't stop talking to each other. Before I knew it, it was 2:00 am and we needed to be up at 6. I could feel sleep coming over me. I looked down to see Horace fast asleep, we only stopped talking for 2 minutes. I checked my alarm to see if it was set. It was. Almost immediately after, I fell asleep.

.

.

.

.

At 6:00 am my alarm went off. I looked down at Horace, he looked so perfect. I couldn't wake him up just yet. I decided to get ready before waking him up. When I was changing, and just in my boxers, I heard a blood curdling scream. Horace was having a nightmare. I ran to his side, hoping no one would come down. I called out his name. That didn't work, so I just hugged him. It seemed to work well. As soon as he woke up, he jumped further into my arms. If that was even possible.

" Hey, hey, it's okay," I kept whispering that while stroking his hair. I could feel him shaking and I felt tears. Fresh, hot, sad tears of pain. Not for him, but for others. After what felt like hours, but was really only 10 minutes, he stopped shaking and crying. He said that he needed to get ready. I watched him leave my room to go get ready. I finished getting dressed. We were all ready to set the table. Miss Peregrine decided to inform us that we will be also making breakfast. That was right when I came up, at 6:30. She went back to bed after. Because I'm not good at cooking, I set the table. Once I was done, I joined Horace in the kitchen. I could see that he was making: eggs, hash browns, pancakes, fruit salad, sausage, bacon, and waffles. It was a lot. I also noticed that he was making a side dish of cookies.

At around 7:30 people started moving around. They all stood clear from the kitchen. Millard was clothed. At 7:43, Horace was done making breakfast. I helped him put it all out. I was setting the cookies down while he drank a cup of tea. I walked over to him after I grabbed one off the plate. "You look like shit."

"Yeah, you too." To be fair we both looked exhausted from staying up late. Breakfast is at 8, we have 10 minutes to ourselves. I leaned in and gave Horace a sweet kiss. Quick, but not too short. The perfect kiss.

Soon enough it was 8:00 am and everyone started coming in to the kitchen.

Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I've been travelling. I just got back from Seaside, Oregon yesterday at around 9. I was in a car for 10-11 hours. Btw I'm on summer break. That's probably the reason why I'm not updating as much. I might make another about me chapter next, I might make it after next chapter. Who knows? I've been trying to make chapters a bit longer but I really can't write for a long time without making it boring. Thanks to my readers and sorry about my updating schedule. I know it sucks. At least I might see someone I haven't seen in 4 years next week. Also, my brother came back from camp a week early, so I get to see my grandma. I got a Newt Scamander Funko pop😊. I'm probably gonna make a Newtmas one shot book 🦎. Have a great day and thx for reading :)