break up prank on you (requested)

"Haewon, come on. Tell me what's going on inside that busy brain of yours." You said as you squeezed her knee in comfort.

She could barely look you in the eyes as you sat beside her on the bed, trying hard to get her to say what was clearly bothering her.

"We need to break up."

You were completely shocked by the words that left her lips.

It didn't even feel real. You thought it was some sort of joke.

Technically, it was, but Haewon wouldn't be telling you that for a bit.

"You're kidding me, right? You can't be serious. You're joking."

She shook her head before standing up and walking over to the closet, feeling your eyes on her the entire time.

You watched as she grabbed a couple of bags that were fully packed.

She'd packed them up while you were at work today.

"Please don't go." You pleaded as she dropped them onto the floor by the door. "I don't understand where this is even coming from. I thought everything was fine."

"I just need some time alone, y/n." She sighed as she spun around to face you.

"You don't want to be around me?"

She just gazed at the floor, not even giving you one word in response.

"What did I do?"

"Nothing. It sounds cheesy, I know, but it's not you, I promise. I just don't think things are working out anymore."

You blinked away your tears, feeling as though your whole world was falling apart while she ripped your heart out of your chest, letting it shatter.

"Can I do something to fix it? Do we have to just... end things? Can't we work this out?"

She saw the tears in your eyes and a sad sigh fell from her lips.

She expected this to go on longer.

Much longer.

But you were believing her every word and the tears in your eyes were proof that, maybe, she'd crossed a line.

"I don't want to lose you. I'll do anything. Please, Haewon." You sniffled as you begged her to stay, as if you'd ever have to do such a thing for real.

"I can't do this anymore," She said before she hurried to you and pulled you into her arms for a big hug.

You needed it so badly.

You worried it might make things harder if she was serious about leaving.

But you couldn't pull away from her.

You always find so much comfort in her arms and that's something you desperately needed at that moment.

"I wish you wouldn't let go." You sniffled.

"Baby, I'm not. I'm not letting you go. I'm never letting you go."

"You're not breaking up with me?" You asked as you pulled away from her, looking at her with a hopeful expression.

"Never." She promised. "I wasn't actually going to break up with you. It was a prank."

"A prank? So it was a joke, just as I thought!" You said before pouting.

"I'm sorry."

"You scared me. I thought you wanted to break up, for real."

"No, never. I'm sorry I scared you but I'm not leaving you, I promise."

"Okay. But if you ever prank me like that again, trust me when I tell you that I will break up with you and that won't be a prank."

She giggled before kissing your lips.

"I know you will. I'm truly sorry though. I promise no more pranks."

"Good. Love you." You said before hugging her tightly, laying your cheek on her shoulder.

"I love you more, darling. I love you so very much."