Chapter 9

"Skyyy. . ." he whined. I shook my head slowly and turned my head to face the window, ignoring him. "Come on. . . alright, I'm sorry that ISADORA wanted to move to Miami so you could see your mom and you had to leave Mr.Player- Dylan behind. Did I mention it was ISADORA?" Lucas asked.

Isadora shot up from her snoozing position in the seat over. "What?! What?! What happened?"

I turned around to face her. "Your brother is harassing me." I said in a tattle-tail voice. Lucas looked at me in horror as Isadora slapped the top of his head and he groaned in pain mumbling about 'how she hits like a man' or something. I sighed. " Why did you rent us a limo again, Dora?"

She stopped randomly slapping her brother to answer me. "I wanted to arrive in style!" She replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Style my butt," I mumbled under my breath knowing that the limo was so over the top it was embarassing. I remember all the weird sideways glances we had gotten at the airport  as the limo driver stood with a large paper with our names written on it in a nice suit.

I was ignoring Lucas because of how he treated me the last time I ever saw Dylan. I let a smile slip onto my face as I remembered that night. I still couldn't get over the fact that I had felt Dylan's lips on mine, even if it was only for the briefest second. I thought it would have felt amazing but it didn't bring me the same tingles it had when I kissed Lucas,  although I would never admit it.

"We're here," Isadora squealed suddenly. I looked out the window, yup we were here. Right at the foot of our apartment building.

The limo driver parked the car and walked around to open the door letting me and Isadora out but letting Lucas out by himself. I stared at the building doors as Lucas paid the driver.

 I turned around in time to see Isadora and Lucas join me as the driver sped away. I pushed open the building doors.

"Sky! Is that you?" Larry, the securtiy guard, asked surprisedly. "Your mum said you went to live with your friends and you wouldn't be back for a while and you're standing right here in front of me bloody eyes!" He's Irish by the way and you can tell from his thick accent and plus his red hair, short legs, and love of wearing green you would probably think he was a leprechaun. I don't think Larry is a very Irish name though. . .

I shrugged. "I came back early."

"Well, isn't that a good, Lassie? Comin' back early to help outcha Mum and who is this strappin young Lad and fair young Lady you have in your company, Miss?" He said stopping his conversation with me and pointing at Lucas and Dora standing akwardly by the doors of the building.

"Isadora and Lucas." As I said their names I saw a strange expression flash in Larry's eyes. . . how odd.

"Oi!" He called out to them and they exchanged glanced but then I looked at them like 'what the fudge bucket?' the walked over. "There ya go now. How do ya do? I'm Larry. You must be Isadora?" He said bending low as she nodded her head slightly. "And yer Lucas?" He nodded, another bow was given from the leprechaun.

"Alright, Larry. We gotta go see my Mother now. See ya," I told him realizing that Larry made Lucas and Dora uncomfortable. As soon as he was out of earshot I turned to Isadora. "There's got to be a charm that zips his mouth shut!" She laughed and shook her head, heading in the direction of the elevator.

Lucas walked over with mischeif in his eyes. I let him come up to me, realizing that I had been mad for nothing. "There isn't one for zipping up mouths," he whipsered looking in the direction of his sister to make sure she wasn't listening. "But there is one for unpickable wedgies."

"NO, FLIPPING--" I started loudly. Lucas automatically started hissing that stupid 'SHHH' sound. Really? Why do people do that? That just makes me wanna go 'hey you shusher take this knuckle sandwhich and shove it up your donkey hole maybe there will be room beside your head since it's shoved up there too!'. "Sorry." I cleared my throat and started again, much more quietly. "No, flipping way! You gotta do it!"

He laughed and pulled his amulet out of his shirt and held it tightly in a clenched fist.

"This man is being quiet a pain

He's driving me far beyond sane

So take his under pants in a forever holding hand

And string him up high, inseperable by even an elephant marching band." He recited.

"What does all that mean?" I asked him as nothing happened. We were hiding behind a wall, peaking over and I couldn't help but think I was a ninja for a moment. The leprechaun started hopping around in a circle picking at his butt. Lucas didn't answer my question but started laughing so hard he almost collpased on top of me. "Get off me, fatty!" I yelled through my laughter as Larry hopped and skipped about picking at the seat of his pants.

"LUCAS AND SKYLER GET OVER HERE NOW!" Isadora screamed suddnely making up both jump and look up guiltily at Isadora waiting impatiently by the elevator door.

"Coming!" We both yelled back in unision. "Awesome charm." I said putting up my fist for that man fist-bump thing that all the guys do.

He laughed but bumped his knuckle together with mine. I pulled mine away while scrunching up my fingers. "Jellyfish!" I sang. He looked at me like I was crazy. "What? Don't all the guys like spread their fingers apart and go 'EXPLOSION!' well, I put a girly little twist on it. You know--okay, nevermind." I said cutting off.

Lucas looked at me in horror. "Nobody over the age of five goes 'EXPLOSION'," he chuckled standing up and offering me his hand.

I took it and he pulled me up. Okay, that's an under-statement. He pulled me up and I went flying against him. "Woah," he teased. "You gotta buy me dinner first." I took a step back and threw a punch at his chest. He flinched and his pulled his lips tightly together, keeping in the gasp. "Okay. I deserved that one."

I smirked and nodded as we walked side-by-side to the still waiting Isadora. Soon, I would be back upstairs to my normal messy apartment, with my normal magic-hating mother, and my weird-normal-geek/twirp of a brother. Well, on the brightside Lucas and Isadora are with me and the dog no longer pees inside. . . oh crap, I'm in for a bumpy ride. . . WOAH REPHRASE!! THAT'S PERVERTED: Okay, I'm in for a crazy rollercoaster. There you go, now I sound less like Lucas. Phew.