Chapter 5

Just wanted to let you guys know before hand that the picture I'm trying to post up (I don't know if it works or not yet) is the picture of the amulet that Skyler created. Just letting you know. Thanks for reading! Comment, vote, and become a fan preeeetttttyyyy please!

______________________________________________________

Skyler's POV

"Dodge, roll. Throw it back at me!" I yelled and dodged one of Lucas' punches. "OK, maybe we should start with the punching bag first." I stated eyeing his bruises.

He gave me a 'duh' look. "You think?!"

I gave him a sheepish smile. "OK, so I'm not the best teacher! I'll get there!"

"SKYLER!" Isadora yelled from the doorway of the room. "It's time to start your training."

I rolled my eyes. "Yay me, I get to start training." I said sarcastically.

"Yay me, I get to stop training!" Lucas said after causing me to grin and punch him mockingly on the arm.

"Whatever! Isadora, what's the first thing I have to learn?"

"To use an amulet."

"Like. .  . a necklace?"I asked skeptically.

"A special necklace, one that holds hoaxes and spells." She said with her eyes lighting up. It sounded like some jacked up T.V. show about an evil witch.

"You mean we can make those on our own?"

"No. We can only move things, apply force, or create things on our own, we need an amulet to do all the dirty work. Ever heard of Gerloid flame?"

"Yeah, it's the fire produced by magic."

"We can't make it without an amulet. So we need it for stuff like that."

I nodded. "So do we like go and buy it?"

She smiled. "You make it."

                                           *                                           *                                          *

"Try again." Isadora said.

"Are you sure there is nothing that I need to be saying to do this?" I asked.

"No, it's all in the thought, the concentration."

I focused. I couldn't figure out what I wanted it to look like.

"Skyler, please."

"I'm trying but I don't know what I want it to look like, what I want it to be like."

"Skyler, your amulet is vital to your magical existence. It is to never be taken off, through the tears you cry, through the sacrifices you will make, through your happy and bad times. You think it is only metal, but an enchantress' amulet is an existing real thing that is there. It has a thought. It thinks through you. It is you."

And then it hit me. Through the tears you cry, the sacrifices you will make. It is you. I held my hands out and thought. And there it appeared. An amulet that was shaped like a silver tear with a blue diamond in the middle. It had an angel wing pattern and beside it dangled another silver peice with patterns on it. And on the other side of the main amulet dangled a big blue diamond. It is me.

Isadora came over to me and took the amulet out of my hands. "It is beautiful, much like it's owner." She said and slipped it over my head and around my neck. The two diamonds color changed into a light green. Isadora laughed. "It changes as you change your feeling."

"Awesome! I always wanted a mood ring, well I mean, this one is a necklace and I'm guessing this one actually works though." I said turning it over in my palm.

Lucas walked over and took it out of my hand, examining it. "Wow, I've never seen one like this before in all my five hundred years."

The amulet colored changed back to blue, it must be confusion because that's how I felt. "F-f-five h-hun-hundred years?!"

They both looked up at me. "Skyler, don't you know we are immortal?" I shook my head. "I will stay twenty- one forever and Lucas will stay twenty forever. And once you turn nineteen, that is how you will stay forever."

"What determines the age that you stay?!"

Isadora looked at me. I expected her look to be impatient but it was calm and understanding. "Your true love. For females you will always be one year younger than your true love. For males one year older. I don't know why it works like that, but that's how you ancestor the Queen made it. I believe it had something to do with the fact that the Queen's true love was a year older than her."

I shook my head trying to clear it all away. "But if the Queen is immortal that means she should still be here, and  you don't need me."

Lucas and Isadora both bowed their heads. "Dark magic can ruin all that is good."

"What?" I asked. The amulet was turning a darker and darker blue by the second.

"That is another story, for another time. Now it has taken you three hours to make that necklace but it will not work for you yet. You need a vow. Binding yourself to it, and binding it to you."

I laughed. "You act like the necklace and I are being married!"

Lucas nodded his head seriously. "In a weird way. . . that's kinda what's happening."

Isadora looked from her brother to me. "Only you can write your vows. You have until the day after tomorrow. You are dismissed." And with that she turned and walked back into her room.

Once the door shut Lucas turned to me. "Good job. Every amulet is unique, but, wow, that one is just -wow, I'll never see anything like it again." He extended his arms out and when i just cocked my head to the side he  beckoned for me to come toward him. I took a step forward and he pulled me into a hug and then turned us so we were turning in a circle.

I stole a glance at my amulet wedged in between the two of us. It gleamed bright red. I let go of Lucas with one hand and grabbed it trying to hide it in my hand. Lucas will never see that.