Chapter 8

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEWEST STORY 'WHEN A GOOD GIRL DIES. . . A BAD GIRL IS BORN'. Yeah its a dumb name but all well. Sue me. ;)

______________________________________

Skyler's POV

His face, his smile, his laugh, his eyes. . .

"WE'RE MOVING TO MIAMI!"

The way he looked at me and- wait, WHAT?

I snapped out of my daydreaming of Dylan and looked up at a grinning Isadora. "What are you talking about?"

Her smile grew even though I thought it wasn't possible. "Well, we got a call from your mom and she and your brother miss you. So I decided that we would be moving back to Miami!"

"But- I. . .  I have to go. Be back in an hour or two." I said standing up and grabbing my jacket off the back of the chair.

Lucas moved in front of me blocking the front door. "Skyler, where are you going?"

"I need to go see Dylan."

He growled. " What is it with you and Dylan lately? It's always Dylan this and Dylan that. For the last three weeks ever since the water park you've been with him all the time! What  are you bored with us now? To good for us now?" He asked angrily.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, please, Lucas. You know that's not true. I just. . . Dylan and I are close friends. And I can have friends. Plus I need to tell him."

"Tell him what?"

"Tell him about Miami. He could probably come with us and then like stay for a week. . . or two. Now if you'll excuse me-" I said trying to move around Lucas.

He moved with me so I couldn't get by. "You like him, don't you?"

Uh oh. . . " Lucas! Don't ask me-"

"You like him." It wasn't a question this time.

"I- Lucas. I- I-. . . . A little?"

"But what about-"

"Lucas, there is no 'but what about' and I just want to go. Okay?"

He didn't move. I took a step closer in. "I just want to go. Let me go." I whispered.

Lucas looked at me and with no emotion on his face stepped to the side. Without a word I opened the door and left. I walked to the hotel parking lot and got into my car. I slumped back against the seat with my hands on the wheel.

What was that about? I took out my phone and texted Dylan.

Me: Hey

Dylan: hey. whats up?

Me: Um. . . nothing. Can I come ovr?

Dylan: Ya sure. Is something wrong?

Me: No. I'll c u in a bit. K?

Dyan: Ok. Bye

I threw my phone into the passenger seat and started the engine. I put the car in reverse and drove away. I decided I wanted coffee and pulled into a starbucks.

"Hello, welcome to Starbucks. What would you like today?" A man's voice asked.

"Um. . . I'll have a vanilla latte."

"Size?"

"Tall." I don't know whatall the sizes mean, all I know is that tall is what I always get and so that is what I will keep getting.

"Two dollars and pull up to the next window."

"K." I drove up to the window.

A guy in a headset opened the window. "Hey."

"Uh, hi."

"Your coffee will be out in a minute." I nodded and he looked at me. "You seem upset about something."

"I- how do you know?"

He shrugged. "Just your expression."

"Well, yeah, I'm a little upset."

"Oh. . .  why?"

"Because I - Wait, why do you ask?"

He smiled and ran a hand through his hair. Uh oh, here it comes. "Because when a pretty girl pulls up and seems sad about something I, being the gentleman that I am,  have to say something about it."

I rolled my eyes. It came. "Where is my coffee?"

He laughed. "Don't worry it'll be here soon. We have a new guy working back there."

"Who?"

"Me."

"But you're up here and not there."

"Yeah, but who said I'm supposed to be here?"

I gasped. "Go back and work!"

He groaned. "Fine. Can I have your phone number?"

"What? Oh, sure um fine."

I pulled a pen out of the car's little cabinet thing. I reached in through the window and grabbed his hand. I jotted down my phone number on his hand and he dissapeared and then reappeared with my coffee.

"Hey! It was back there ready the whole time, wasn't it?!" I yelled.

He shrugged. "Maybe. Oh and by the way my name is Tristan." He handed it to me and winked. I rolled my eyes, said bye, and sped off.

On my way to see Dylan. At his house, with his family, to tell him I'm moving, with his family. Huh, I didn't think this one out.