|Tails|

wanted to write George as a cat and Dream as a dog so here we are. sorry for the cringe.

they're actual animals too. not half human or anything. genuine cat and dog.

Sapnap walks into the living room, immediately spotting the crate in the far left corner. Inside, lays Clay, his golden retriever, chewing on a rope toy.

"Hey," Sapnap smiles, watching as the dog perks up.

Clay jumps to his feet, wagging his tail sporadically, pawing at the metal bars that keep him in place.

"Wanna go outside?"

Outside. Probably Clay's favorite word in the entire dictionary. The animal begins whining, desperate for outside and his owner. Sapnap walks to the crate, unlatching the lock, and beaming when Clay races out, zooming around the couch and the coffee table.

"Let's go!" Sapnap matches his energy, jogging to the door.

Clay sits rather inpatiently as Sapnap unlocks the back door before stepping aside and allowing Clay to sprint out into the fenced in backyard. Immediately, Clay leaps around the grass, chasing the first bee he sees.

"You come back to the door when you're ready," Sapnap calls. "I'll make your breakfast."

Clay doesn't pay him any mind, too busy sniffing around the backyard in search of the perfect spot to piss, stopping at each and every flower blooming from the grass.

Sapnap walks back inside, grabbing Clay's sensory feeding bowl, which stops the retriever from eating too fast, and filling it halfway with doggie kibble. He then grabs a frying pan and two large eggs, preparing the second half of Clay's meal.

The dog eats like royalty. Never once has Sapnap just given him the dry food, no, he always dresses it up with meats and proteins.

He also makes a point to change the water from Clay's crate, and put fresh water out by his food. Clay is Sapnap's pride and joy, a practical child, and there's no way he would forget a single thing for Clay.

"Alright, buddy," Sapnap says, walking back to the door.

Usually Clay has pissed by now, already back inside and anxiously begging for his breakfast.

"Clay?"

The dog is halfway into one of the hedges lining Sapnap's house, covered in leaves and tiny sticks.

"Get out of there!" Sapnap scolds.

Clay doesn't listen as normal though. Instead, he goes further into the bush, causing Sapnap to sigh, walking down the porch and to the bush in question.

"Clay!" Sapnap grabs the hips of his dog, pulling back with enough force until the dog is completely free from the hedge.

But instead of looking to Sapnap with a bright face, he keeps his sights dead set on the plant, tail slowly wagging behind him.

That's when it hits Sapnap. Somethings in the bush.

His mind immediately worries. It could be a skunk ready to spray, or a rat with rabies. Clay could be in immediate danger and not even know it.

"Back inside!" Sapnap nudges him away. "Now, boy!"

Clay doesn't move much, looking up to Sapnap only to bark before turning back to the bush.

Sapnap wonders if maybe it's just a toy that got stuck, or a really cool stick that Clay can't seem to go without. With that in mind, Sapnap drops to all fours, bending down to look into the bush.

Much to his shock, there's no stick or toy or rabied rat, there's just a small black cat with big brown eyes.

"How'd you get in here, buddy?" Sapnap's tone softens.

No wonder Clay wouldn't leave it alone. He's never seen a cat before. In fact, Sapnap's more surprised that the cat didn't claw at Clay's face when he got too close.

"Come here," Sapnap clicks his tongue, hoping to draw the cat from the bush.

It just stares at him, unmoving and unbothered. Sapnap sighs, rolling up his sleeve before reaching his hand back into the bush, pulling the cat from it's spot.

The cat doesn't bat or hiss, but only gently presses his claws into Sapnap's arm, like a warning.

"What's your name?" Sapnap asks, searching through the fur for a collar. "You don't have an owner, do you?"

The cat stares at Clay, watching the dog boredly. He's a nice cat for the most part, but he still worries Sapnap. He could have worms or fleas or ear mites and there's nothing that Sapnap would hate more than bringing that to Clay.

But the dog seems to really like the cat, and the cat seems tolerant of the dog. Opposites must attract.

"How about I name you?" Sapnap asks, before looking to Clay. "What should we name your new friend?"

Clay barks.

"Ruff doesn't sound like a nice name," Sapnap teases. "How about George?"

Clay wags his tail, and Sapnap beams. "George it is!"

how cute