|Injuries|

George shivers, frozen hands already buries into the pockets of his jacket. "Callahan, it's freezing."

"You complain too much," Callahan frowns. "Just enjoy the game."

The game, right. The thing he should be playing in right now. And if it wasn't for his ankle injury, he would be receiving a million touchdowns from Techno right now and upping his statistics for the post-season.

Instead, he's being mocked as Tommy drops practically every pass, being the sole reason they're losing the game right now. The kicker? They're against their rival; the Orlando Gators.

The Gators have been a thorn in the Miami Hogs' side ever since they edged them at state four years back, under the wing of their new star quarterback, Clay.

Clay was fresh out of high school at the time, the top prospect quarterback for colleges everywhere, which did wonders for his ego. Winning the state championship as a freshman only inflated it more.

George initally met Clay at a party after their freshman season, when they got into a heated screaming match over something George was too drunk to remember.

What he does remember, however, was having the most mindblowing angry sex with Clay in the bathroom thirty minutes later. That one night stand has turned into a three year long relationship.

Correction: A three year long secret relationship.

There's no way in hell anyone would take kindly to the Gators' star quarterback dating the Hogs' star receiver, not after the four year long school rivalry.

"Fucking kill him!" Someone from the bleachers screams before cursing as Clay effortlessly toss the ball before a defenseman tackles him down.

Yeah, nobody would like George if he admitted the truth. It's been a long three years, pretending to hate Clay, trash talking him in the lockerroom, fake laughing at his mistakes on field.

A gust of wind bites at George's nose, causing him to grumble. "I wish I was playing."

Callahan smirks. "You want my pads?"

"Get those smelly things away from me."

"I'd rather you be wearing them than Tommy," The younger scowls. "He's terrible."

"Thank god we have a good defense," George shrugs, watching his boyfriend weave past said defense, connecting a pass to a tight end. "Or not."

"I fucking hate that smug asshole," Callahan mutters as he watches Clay cheer. "I hope he gets the shit knocked out of him."

"Yeah," George laughs, teeth chewing the inside of his cheek. "Same."

"How's your ankle healing? Do you think we'll have you back next week if we win?"

George looks at his ankle, the purple bruising fading slightly. It was worse two weeks ago, when he originally got the injury. He remembers feeling the pain flood up his leg when he landed, screaming out as he landed on the turf in a heap. Sure, he caught the ball, but it was at the expense of his ankle and three weeks of games.

On the plus side, it gave him more time to secretly spend with Clay in Orlando, having hours to waste in his boyfriend's bed with his leg propped up on pillows. Without practice swallowing ever minute of his life, he caught up on much needed sleep and sex.

"I hope so," George shrugs. "I just gotta wait for the stupid doctor to clear me."

"I'll get a medical degree and clear you myself," Callahan mumbles, eyes narrowing as he watches the hike of the ball. "Get him."