°~/| 6 |\~°

Xiao sat there for a moment unmoving before he returned the gesture.
--

It was a cold windy night. Xiao was hanging out on the balcony as always. He then heard a noise. Turning his head he suspiciously examined the staircase. Yet the light's were off. Nobody was there..

He took a deep breath and shook his head returning to looking over Liyue.

'Xiao'

His head snapped back towards the staircase. He felt a bit spooked before he realized it was somebody calling out his name.

He stood there confused considering ignoring the calling. He hadn't really paid attention to who spoke it. Yet he felt the need to just make sure.

He disappeared into smoke and teleported near them. He tilted his head now totally confused. He was at Wangshu Inn. Just simply in front of a room.

He gulped and slowly opened the door. It made a creaking sound.

He poked his head in. It was Aether. He opened the door for him to come in and closed it behind him not wanting disturbance.

He walked up to the bed and crouched in front of Aether's face. He looked normal. Just asleep. Why had he called me? He swallowed the saliva gathering up in his mouth and examined the traveler's face for just a while longer before sighing and standing up.

He turned around ready to teleport back to the balcony when he felt a hand gripping his own.

He turned around a bit confused looking down at the traveler whom had his eyes squinted looking at him pleadingly.

"Stay please?"

Xiao's face turned sorrow he hadn't planned on staying with him. He exhaled turning to him.

"Why are you hurt?"

"No.. i can't fall asleep."

"How is that my problem..."

"Well- it's not but-"

"Great then I'll go."

He said but before he colud do anything he got tugged down by his necklace. He almost landed on Aether but luckily he had stopped himself from doing so by holding himself up with his hands.

His face went red and his eyes widened.

"Please?"

He furrowed his brows irritated.

"Careful you're gonna break my necklace if you keep pulling on it.."

Aether nodded and moved his hands from the said necklace to Xiao's red cheeks. Xiao pouted not seeing the situation getting any better.

"Will you stay?"

"Whatever."

"Thanks."

Aether mumbled and pulled Xiao down forcefully.

"That's uncomfortable... My back hurts traveler."

"Ah? Then put your legs on the bed."

Xiao sighed placing his legs slowly on the bed. He felt embarrassed.

"Good. You're really warm you know."

Aether said placing his hands on Xiao's back and hugging him.

Xiao laid there face in Aether's chest regretting ever coming here.

Aether chuckled and genetly kissed Xiao's forehead.

The yaksha's heartbeat sped up as butterflies swarmed his stomach. Maybe he wasn't as upset fir answering now as he was minutes ago.. maybe.