Epilogue

A/N: Warning, major character death. Depressed shits.

-------------------------

"In three, two, one! Now!"

"It's opening!"

The crown princess of the Breck Kingdom used all of her mana, trying to pry open a hole in the barrier. It was by far the toughest barrier she had ever encountered, but she was determined to be the one destroying it.

Alberu and the heroes waited by a side, knowing that once the barrier was broken, they'd be able to see what was inside the well all along. They were curious as well, and would have jumped in if it hadn't been for that stupid barrier.

Once Beacrox reported to them, they had already prepared all of the necessary supplies for the mission, particularly the highest grade mana stones sponsored by the crown prince. The wolf boy was then sent to keep watch near the area to prevent the eyes of people from reaching them.

As the "ghost" was too quiet, they had to check multiple times to make sure that there are signs of life in the well. They had even thought that he had escaped while they were gone. Ron said that the ghost was awake but for some reason he did not want to respond.

"I've opened a gap, Choi Han now!", Rosalyn wiped her sweat off her face while stepping back.

Though reluctant, the black-haired swordsman still came to help out. Choi Han was not an ungrateful bastard, he knew if it weren't for Cale many people would have died. The jungle might not be saved, and the mages from the Whipper Kingdom might be homeless. However, he had mixed feelings about this firstborn of the Henituse county.

Oftentimes, Choi Han and Ron had bicker and fought whenever there was the mention of Cale Henituse. Choi Han did not believe it was that trash, he wanted to prove that such a carrying and wise person could never be lumped together with a disgrace.

His sword cut through the small gap Rosalyn had created, and the barrier shattered.

"Am I late for the show?"

A short brown-haired woman could be seen coming out of the teleportation circle. Cage was feeling refreshed as her lord had stopped his yapping when she promised to help.

"No, priestess-nim. You are right on time.", said Alberu with his signature smile.

The first thing they did was to put a rope down the well, Choi Han was holding the other end of the rope. He felt the rope touching the bottom of the well and urged, "Hurry up.".

But they have waited for too long and their patience was tested. Ron was the first to move closer to the well and the rest follow suit.

The well was deep, but the sun was bright enough to serve as their light source. If Choi Han put a little of his strength into the rocks that built the well, they would have been crushed. The well that they had wanted to know about was dirty and old. It was dry but there was something occupying the bottom of the well.

Two corpses, no, one of them had already turned into white skeletons.

The excommunicated priestess who was here to laugh at the young nobleman's misery stopped her track. The scene she witnessed was not what she had expected.

There was always a terrible stench coming from the well but they brushed it off thinking it was nothing unusual coming from the slums. Without waiting longer, Rosalyn lifted the bodies out of the well by using floating magic.

"T-This... no this... this isn't what...", Cage soon became a stuttering mess. This wasn't what she had hoped for.

The awful condition of the bodies were telling a tragic story and there was nothing they could do to help.