1

A/N: Relax, not much angst in this chapter.

Sporocarps could be seen sprouting on the body since a dead body is the perfect food source for bacteria and fungi. Raindrops passed through Cale and landed on the body and the ground. The water is filling up the well slowly which made Cale worry as he was afraid that the corpse might float. He got goosebumps just thinking about it.

The rain stopped after a few hours, and Cale could see the clouds clearing away from the sun, revealing an arc of colour in the sky. The mood outside and inside the well was completely the opposite.

It was suffocating, but bearable for someone who has survived thus far.

For the past few days, Cale had been observing the reason for the lack of water in this specific well. The villagers pass by every now and then, yet they never approach. Cale overheard their daily conversations and as it turns out, another well had been installed nearby, rendering this well inoperable.

Cale also learned that this well was located in the Henituse territory's slums, next to the man-eating tree. Cale would normally be grateful that no one is disturbing his rest, but in his current predicament, he fears that boredom would drive him nuts. And thanks to that man-eating tree, his goal of haunting people was getting nowhere.

-Cale, we're trying.... to.... for you...

-KUAHAH.... burn.... this place...

-C... I'm hungry.

"Why are you even hungry?"

From what Cale had heard from the passersby, the man-eating tree had started to emit a more sinister aura ever since three days ago. It was also the day when Cale arrived in this world. 

Although the ancient powers are connected with his soul, he was unable to hear them properly as he does not have a real body. Cale had a hunch that he needed to reclaim the ancient powers in order to stop hearing the irritating statics.

-Cutie! Don't worry, we.... help you...

-Of course.... scam them and...

It seems that the rest of his ancient powers are here with him. Is it because he does not have a plate now?

The Indestructible Shield.

The Vitality of Heart.

The Sound of the Wind.

Dominating Aura.

The Fire of Destruction.

Super Rock.

The Sky-Eating Water.

The Blood-Drenched Rock.

The Annual Rings of Life.

Their companion was pleasant; at the very least, he won't be chatting to himself. Cale was aware that they had seen the body as well and was relieved that they did not inquire about it. Above all, Cale was worried about the original's birth mother. The Jour Thames now might be an ancient power but no mother could bear watching their son get hurt.

He tried channeling the Fire of Destruction into his hands and there were small sparks of flames dancing in his palms. It might take forever for Cale to break the barrier but where there is a will, there is a way.

thud thud thud

-Cale, be careful.

"I know."

Hurried footsteps could be heard from above, Cale lifted up his head.

"Are you sure nobody saw you?"

"Yes, my liege."