7

A/N: Sorry for the late update. Was busy and we were low on water supply in our area. No beta btw.

------------------------

It did Cale no good when the first thing he saw in the morning was the radiant smile coming from the crown prince. Seriously, was he not giving Alberu enough headaches?

Next to him stood the rest of the heroes. Cale wanted to continue sleeping but the benign old man was sharp to hear his awkward breathing so that was a no-go. Then again, if there was an emergency, they could've just woken him up.

"Good morning, Mr Ghost. Did you have a good sleep?"

"You think?", Cale snorted.

He could have gotten a much better sleep if these weirdos would stop snooping around the well.

Enduring a yawn, Cale said, "Cut to the chase, what happened?".

"Relax, nothing happened. We are just here for a regular visitation. We can't have our lovely informant being bored right?"

That fake smile on the blondie was irritating Cale especially since he woke up grumpy. It was the glib-tongued prince standing in front of him, of course he did not buy his bullshits. The greedy firstborn of the royal Crossman family would never do something that will not lead to his benefit.

"Okay, I will be sleeping."

Cale is by no means an easy person to be messed with. Cale will go along with them if they want to act all-so-innocent. Let's see who will be the one to lose their patience.

Alberu raised his brows and looked at the old assassin. He did not know how to refute such disrespect but it wasn't his first time anyway and ignored it. He then looked around at the other heroes and nodded.

With his signature smile still not leaving his face, he told the ghost, "If it is alright with you, we would like to have at least one person to guard this place."

"Guard? Why would anyone attack this place?"

Almost instantly, his sleepiness went away as the danger alarm in his head started ringing. No matter how hard Cale tried to persuade them to go home, they wouldn't budge. Saying it was for his safety, well, more like to keep him in check. To make it fair, they drew lots.

And as a result, this vicious torture expert had to stay back and monitor him.

"I don't like how I'm stuck with you."

"The feeling's mutual."

'Then why are you here?!'

After leaving Beacrox here with him, they tore a teleportation scroll and went back to the crown prince's office.

"It's disgusting no matter how many times I've been here."

'Cage... she must have told them something.'

If not, why were they so adamant about staying in this filthy place?

Cale did not intend to be close with the originals in this world but seeing them on their guards made him really uncomfortable. Whatever Cage told them, it must not have been favourable towards him.

For a moment there, the silence was getting louder. As Cale thought, this torture expert was too stiff for his liking and he regretted not choosing the wolf child or the redhaired mage to be his accompany for the day.

Great, now he even took out his knives to sharpen them.

"You know... I've never liked you."

...?