Chapter 18

PREVIOUSLY

---------------------------------------

You felt someone playing with your hair. You were bloody and bruised so you couldn't do to much about it. You smiled slightly because it felt nice. The person playing with your hair started to hum a small but gracious tune.

You opened your eyes to see who was comforting you, when you were met with very, very, very pale skin. With white fading into green hair. You tried to sit up and back away, but her obi stopped you from doing so.

It was wrapping around you a little tighter than you would have liked. You looked over your shoulder, and your eyes widened. Gyutaro was confronting Tanjiro, only to break his fingers.

"Tanji-"

You were quickly cut off by Daki's obi. Gyutaro looked from Tanjiro to you. He grinned when he saw your desperate face, that was also filled with fear.

Your haori was shaking, due to ember who was hiding in their, he was also being squished beside your body as well.

You could only pray that you and all of your friends would be okay.

---------------------------------------

*Y/N POV*

I had decided to look at the ground, because I was being held over a wreck. However, I could still sense that Daki wasn't going to drop me. If anything, she was holding on to me through her obi even tighter now. 

She really didn't want to drop me. I sighed a little bit, now knowing that I could be safe. But now my fear was now placed onto my friends. They weren't having the best of time. 

Zenitsu was under some rubble, Tanjiro was chatting with Gyutaro. Basically flirting with death. While Inosuke, oh poor Inosuke.. He was stabbed and lying on the ground while bleeding nearly to death.

I struggled a little bit more, finally realizing the urgency of the situation. Which proved later, useless just because of Daki's obi. It being just so ever so slightly tight. 

I had a feeling that Gyutaro was looking at you through the third eye from his sisters forehead. But the eye just disappeared. You looked at her in confusion. 

Gyutaro had a similar reaction as well. He looked up to where Daki and I was. I didn't like it when he would stare at me. Especially when he looked at me and saw that I was shaking, which made him smile wider. Wider than the previous smile that he shot me. 

I closed my eyes and turned away. That's when I heard the sound of a headbutt. Which made me smile a little bit. These twins gave off a sad aura. So I might let them live. It was the least I could do. 

It's not like I pitied people or anything..

Anyways, Gyutaro went back to fighting with Tanjiro, Uzui, and Inosuke. While sleeping Zenitsu charged at me and Daki. Mainly Daki though. What you could barely hear was Zenitsu muttering something about how it was his fault for letting me get caught, or something.

He cut the obi that was holding onto me and I ran. I knew that Zenitsu could handle himself, mainly because he was in sleep-mode.