Chapter 2

PREVIOUSLY

--------------------------------------------------------

You looked over to where Tanjiro was, you weren't giving him pity at all, just hoping that he was okay with everything that was going to happen. The training is pretty hellish. But when you went to check up on him, he was faced the other way. 

You sighed and felt yourself become light headed and drifted off to sleep. 

Wanting this day to be over with, for now that you got a challenge that will debate if you are able to go to the final selection. 

--------------------------------------------------------

*AUTHOR POV*

You woke with a slight pain in you're head. You were used to this. You literally slept on the floor. So what were you really expecting? You took a deep breath. Wanting to be calm. You quietly headed into the living room and made breakfast for everyone.

You woke up the earliest some days, and some days you were the last one to wake. You continued to make breakfast, once you were done your sensei had woken up, hungry.

You gave him some food, he finished up and went to wake up the new comers. You were still finishing up. It was barely dawn now though. You sighed. You were tired but didn't want to disappoint your sensei.  

He came back into the room now and looked at you.

"Now for the challenge Y/N." 

He had said. You got up and walked out of the house along side of Urokodaki. He lead you up the mountain. 

"You have reached the end of you're training Y/N. This will be the final decision to see if you are ready for the final selection."

You looked at him questioningly. You looked back to the boulder. You lifted up you're katana and gestured to it and the boulder. Urokodaki nodded. Was he really asking you to slice that boulder.

You felt another presence in this clearing. You looked back at you're sensei, but he wasn't where you had just seen him. He was now descending the mountain. Just to leave you there stunned. 

You sighed. You gulped and looked at the boulder. You took a couple of steps back, still focusing on the boulder. Not seeing someone raise their head above the bushes to get a closer look at you.

You closed you're eyes, trying to concentrate. You opened you're eyes only three seconds after you had closed them. The area around you had faded to a calm and welcoming shade of blackish gray. 

There was a thread pointing at the boulder. You took this opportunity to charge at the boulder and swing you're katana. However instead of it going all the way through, it only went halfway through. 

You were disappointed to say the least. But you didn't want to give up and dishonor you're sensei. Someone was watching you in the shadows of the sideline, and they were impressed to say the least.