c.3- The trembling hands

"I am Larissa. This is my friend, Mian"

Beneath a wide grin, L introduced herself to others. The new employees from different departments had come to meet at last. "Oh, nice to see you! You both are so pretty" The woman beamed as they shared firm handshake.  "Awn, thanks. You are beautiful as well" "Oh please"

The meeting room was filled with chat between the strangers. Some exchanged phone numbers, some shared their stories, while Mian and L waited for their long-awaited time to arrive patiently. "Boss, why are you standing here still? It is time for us to enter and introduce"

Luke, sounding confused, reminded the man from behind. They stood outside the meeting room in silence. Adelio's eyes focused on the woman inside the room, through the tinted window. No one could see through the window from inside but the ones from outside could clearly.

Quietly, Adelio had been observing L to see if she would panic to meet others just like how she did with him. But it seemed she was fine with others. "Who is that woman?" Furrowing brows, Adelio wagged his head to beckon. "Who? There are a lot" Luke squinted his eyes.

"The one with a bright smile..."

Over Adelio's description, Luke scowled. "My apologies for saying this but almost five of them are smiling right now. I don't know who you are talking about" He disclosed as Adelio let out a sigh. "Never mind" He shrugged it off and stepped inside. Hushing down the room.

"Boss!" Promptly, they stood up to greet. The managers from each department tried their best to catch the Boss's eyes and praise by behaving politely. "You may sit" Adelio waved as his eyes swayed onto the woman. She seemed scared right now. Her eyes never lifted to look up at him.

"As you may already know, I am the CEO, Adelio Vincent. This company was built fifty years ago. I am the second generation and I don't want this company to fall apart in my hands. Please work hard and I promise you a worthy reward" Sharp and short, he commenced the speech.

"He is Luke, my assistant. If you have any questions, feel free to ask him" Pointing at the assistant, Adelio ended his speech. It was quick. But no one complained. They all applauded. "Please introduce yourself" Luke flashed a grin. Finally, the time to interact had arrived.

The moment L had been waiting for.

"It is nice meeting you, Boss. I am Rose from sales department. Although it is my first time working in such a huge company, I will try my best to outgrow the company" One began. Earning applause from others. "May I shake hands with you, Boss?" Strangely, Rose requested.

Stunning everyone in the room. "Um..." Due to unexpected demand, even Luke could not react right away. Meanwhile, Adelio's gaze rested on L for a second. Handshake. He saw her sharing the handshake without any panic. "Sure" Adelio accepted calmly.

It put a smile on L's lips. She did not have to initiate. He just dropped his own bait and caught it again. "Thank you, Boss" Rose grinned. "Next, please continue the introduction" Promptly, Adelio rushed the process. Knowing well it was time for L to speak now.

"It's my pleasure to meet everyone" Gulping, L stood up. Her eyes laid on the table, not daring to look up at the man. "You can call me Larissa. I am from finance department. Just like everyone here, I am still new to this work. Please help me in the future. I will work hard"

She smiled, bowing her head.

But as she prepared to sit back down after the applause, Adelio's hand fell into her sight. He offered it first. "Um..." Obviously, L pretended to be stunned. She hesitated. Drawing attention in. "It's nice meeting you" Adelio voiced under a cold gaze. "Ah, yes, Boss"