- Chapter Twenty-Two -

Start from the beginning

And with that final sentence, she quickly fluttered out of the room. But after a few moments, she could hear the small echo of footsteps that were trying to catch up to her. And she couldn't help but smile, at least a little bit.

~In the Observatory Room~

By the time that Luna, Iida, and Bakugo arrived, all of their classmates stared at them as if they were demigods. Maybe it was because of how much work they put into the assignment? Or maybe because they were the first ones to show off their quirks? Either way, Luna was having a hard time figuring out if she liked or hated the attention she was getting.

The room they were in was a single brightly-lit white room with a large screen. At the current moment, the screen read: "Person-to-Person Combat Training: Battle 1 Review." Underneath it announced that Team A, Luna and Izuku, were the winners, and Team D, Iida and Bakugo, had lost.

All Might stood in front of the screen, his hands on his hips. "Well, despite the results, the MVP of this exercise is... Young Iida!" He announced proudly, that big smile still painted on his face.

"Huh?!" Iida and Luna both exclaimed while the rest of the class gasped in surprise.

Wait, that didn't make sense. Luna and Izuku were the ones who won the challenge, so why weren't they the MVPs? While Luna was happy for Iida and was not the type of person who got mad at someone else for their success, it still didn't seem to make sense. Was it because he played the villain role better than she played her hero role? Or was it because he had a plan while she didn't?

"Shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead, since they're the winners?" Tsuyu asked, as if she seemingly read Luna's mind.

"Hmm. Valid Question!" All Might responded, although not completely answering her question, "Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?" Luna kept quiet, because she didn't know the answer and didn't want to look stupid if she said the wrong thing.

But she was confused of why he wasn't flat out telling them the answer. Unless All Might was the type of teacher who wanted the students to figure out the answers for themselves before telling them anything. She couldn't be mad at that, as that was the majority of what her teachers were like in America.

After only one second, Momo quickly raised her hand. "Sir! I can tell you why!" She proclaimed, "Iida embraced this challenge. He was the only one who truly adapted to his assigned role. While Hirose did also play her role as the hero character, Iida was the only one who went out of his way to continue to play the villain no matter what the cause."

Everyone stared solely at Momo, and even Luna straightened her posture in interest

Everyone stared solely at Momo, and even Luna straightened her posture in interest. Although that was true, and she had happily accepted it, she was wondering what else she had done wrong. After all, this could be useful if she were in actual battle field.

Momo continued on. "I'll explain. Bakugo's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Team A, mainly Midoriya. As you pointed out earlier, sir, lancing a large-scale attack indoors was a foolish move. It could have been disastrous. Similarly, Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage that he received. He rendered himself helpless. Not smart."