15. second chances

She looks so perfect and kind and like she's mine, I think I could just die. She's looking into my eyes - is it possible she knows what I'm thinking? Even if she can't read my mind though, I'm sure she can assume what I'm wondering about because she must be thinking about the same thing. Things I could never take my mind off of years ago like the softness of her lips and of her hands are right here, and I just want to feel her lips on mine. That's all I really want right now.

I'm not exactly sure how we went from me saying I hated her when I saw her outside the diner to admitting our feelings for each other, but I'm just going to enjoy whatever this thing is that we call life. We're so desperate that we want to believe that we can be together, even if time might not be on our side.

I've said I want her, and she seems silent in the moment with the best kind of disbelief that I can't even imagine she must be overcome with. Then, she takes it upon herself to clear the quiet that's surrounding us.

"We could test the strength of those feelings, just to make sure," she tells me cheekily.

Of course she would say that.

It's the same type of comment I would have imagined from her all those years ago with the same exact kind of smile she's giving me right now.

And, maybe I'm going to do this for 13 year old me who had the biggest crush on her. But, maybe I don't really care.

I have spent so much time my entire life thinking about everything and anything. For once, I'd like to not think. I'd like to get lost in the moment with someone who I still care about. I won't be trapped with the same regret I always felt for never being brave enough to admit the truth and react on my emotions in the past.

Second chances rarely happen.

That's why I lean in for a kiss, and I almost melt when I'm met with the softest lips I've ever had the luck of touching. I've never felt this way before and the number of girls I've kissed in the past don't come anywhere close to how foreign yet familiar this feels. It's like nothing else. . . And it's perfect.

Because she's absolutely perfect and she likes me. And it's clear in how she kisses me and how she's enjoying this as much as I am. We take slight pauses here and there to try to make sense of it all, but we can't because nothing could make sense of how we're here, 4 years later in my room all alone. When I lightly push her against the wooden door that she had entered not too long ago, I think that I'm already lost at that point.

I think she is too.

Her hands are all over the back of my body, and they start to find a home on my hips. We spend what feels like forever in my room, enjoying each other's company in this scenario that never of us could have ever predicted. It's a strange feeling, I have to admit that at least.

I fear that if I let go of this moment, I'll realize that none of it means anything. Like it's all fake, or this isn't even happening at all.

But she holds on to me too. And then I know that she's feeling the same thing.

We pull away after a while, and as we're sitting on my bed, we can't even look into each other's eyes. It's all so overwhelming and crazy and unreal that we're in this moment together.

Did that even happen?

"Well, that was really something," Delilah says with a slight laugh.

She extends her hand forward, and we hold hands once again. It's easy for us to forget everything that's happened that kept us apart. At least right now, we're doing just fine.

More than fine in fact.

She gives me another kiss. A sweet and gentle one to remind me of the way she makes me feel. Another moment comes over us, one of distraction. Her fingers are now lightly tracing meaningless patterns on my bare skin, and it's sending fireworks around and within me. She knows how to do everything so easily.

It makes no sense how she's able to do this to me like it's nothing, but I think I like that. Everything about this is full of chaos and it's reckless, but I don't mind.

I'd rather not remember anything that could ruin this.

Short chapter but hope you all liked it!