𝒾𝒾. 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉: evening fire and morning news

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 505 - arctic monkeys

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

ii. eight: ❝evening fire and morning news❞

✵✵✵

Small Heath, Birmingham

Marianna found solace in the exhaustion that weighed heavily upon her weary body after a grueling day of work. With a forced smile plastered on her lips, she expertly poured a drink to the brim, offering it to a patron with practiced ease. It had been the rhythm of her day, a routine she followed diligently, all while avoiding Grace's sorrowful gaze.

As much as she hated to admit it, the day was drawing to a close, and her shift was nearly over. The prospect of Thomas Shelby coming to fetch her each night and escort her home had become a beacon of comfort in her otherwise tumultuous life, and tonight would be no exception.

The minutes ticked by and the night grew darker, Marianna found herself stealing glances at the clock, eagerly anticipating Thomas's arrival. Each passing moment felt like an eternity, her heart quickening with anticipation. And as she wiped down the countertop, her thoughts drifted inevitably to the enigmatic Thomas Shelby, his piercing cyan eyes haunting her mind. She couldn't help but smile, a reflexive reaction to the mere thought of him that she found both frustrating and intoxicating.

Her reverie was abruptly interrupted by the sight of Finn Shelby making his way into the tavern, weaving through the throng of patrons until he stood directly in front of her. She arched an eyebrow in amusement. "No drinks for you if you're empty-handed, Finn."

"I don't want a drink, Mari. Can you help me, please?" Finn's voice was small but earnest as he clambered onto a stool.

Marianna took his hand and guided him to the top of the counter, where he reached for a portrait of the King.

"What are you going to do with that?" Harry, standing nearby, asked with concern, eyeing Finn and the portrait. "Hey lad, what are you doing?"

"We're having a fire." The boy said as Mar escorted him down the countertop.

"A fire?" She questioned herself. Finn nodded , flashing a toothy grin at Marianna and tugging at her wrist. "And Tommy said I should fetch you."

"But my shift—" Marianna began, but she knew it was futile.

Once Harry heard the name Shelby, he'd send her off, no questions asked. She wasn't thrilled about whatever scheme Thomas had cooked up this time; all she wanted was to go home and piece together her shattered household.

"Off you go, lass." Harry said, handing her belongings and a bucket of liquor to distribute to the men outside who were already buzzing with anticipation over Thomas Shelby's latest escapade.