Chapter 16 - Excursion

Ana followed mother Talzin out of the Temple, however, they didn't leave the grounds. It was a short walk along the back wall of the Temple before they stopped in front of a small pillar. On any other day, Ana would have dismissed it as part of the Temple architecture, but looking at it under the current circumstances, she couldn't help but notice how the colour was a little off, like the pillar had been a change that was made years after the Temple was built.

"Move it" Mother Talzin instructed, Ana carefully focusing on moving the pillar to the side with the force. As she had expected, it revealed a doorway with stairs leading downwards. It was pitch black and Ana ignited her lightsaber to be able to see where she was going as mother Talzin ushered her inside, following closely behind her as they went down the stairs in silence.

"You said Ventress thinks I was like her once" Ana finally broke the silence. "I did". "I think so too. And I think we think alike in many ways" Ana continued. "Good for you, what are you getting at?" mother Talzin seemed annoyed by how talkative Ana was still being.

"Nothing. Just wondering what each of us would be doing if our roles were reversed". Trying her best to hide her happy smirk, Ana sneakily turned off her comlink, hoping Windu and the others would be getting the message she was trying to send.

"Well, you can think of as much as you want, just keep moving" mother Talzin replied, making it clear she had no interest in continuing the conversation. And truthfully, neither had Ana.

*•*•meanwhile in the strategy room•*•*

"Keep tracking her comlink. We need to have a way to follow her" Windu ordered, hurrying over to another terminal. "Drallig, how are you looking down there?". "Not much different. Kolar is dead, Vos is still out and Ana went for a walk with the witch. Apart from repairs, work down here is done. Ventress is up though. What shall we do with her?".

"You heard Ana, she wants us to work with Ventress. Bring her up here" Windu decided before turning off the comm channel. "You really think it's wise to put our faith in Ventress here?" Allie asked skeptically.

"Ana went through all this trouble to have Ventress back on her feet and tell us about if their roles were reversed. I have to trust she has a plan here" Windu explained.

The doors finally opened to have Anakin and Obi-Wan entered. "We missed a lot, didn't we?" Anakin said the second he saw everyone's stressed and worried faces. "Master Kolar is dead, and Vos is under some sort of sleeping spell from mother Talzin. And she took Ana with her under the threat of killing us all" Windu gave them a brief overview.

"Delightful" Obi-Wan sarcastically stated "Why is it always Ana?". "She wants her to open a Sith Temple that happens to be located underneath this one" Allie explained. "This just keeps getting more interesting. Any good news?".

"It depends on your point of view I suppose, but Ana managed to talk mother Talzin into waking Ventress up. She seems to be under the impression that she can help us somehow" Windu explained. "Ana tends to be right in situations as this. If she went with the witch and told us to work with Ventress, then the best thing we can do is follow that plan" Obi-Wan concluded.

*•*•meanwhile with Ana•*•*

"Open it" mother Talzin ordered, sounding impatient. "Would you keep calm, it's been a while. Plus, I've never been to a Sith Temple before, so give me a minute to figure this out" Ana shot back.

"If your Jedi friends catch up to us, I will not hesitate to...". "Will you shut up and make yourself useful for once? Give me that holocron core you stole" Ana interrupted her, examining the wall in front of her. Reluctantly, the witch handed the Sith artefact over to Ana.