Chapter 12 - Welcome Home

At lunch time the next day, the Republic delegation along with Satine, Grace and the Jedi touched down on Coruscant. As Padmè headed home to see Anakin and the twins and Satine and Grace went to get settled back in at their apartment, Obi-Wan, Ana, Talin and Aayla made their way to the Jedi Temple. There was no need to debrief them, thanks to Ana's continous reports during their stay on Mandalore, and the signed peace treaty as the fruits of their work. However, Windu had still asked for Obi-Wan, Aayla and Ana.

"So good to have you back. One problem seems to always get replaced by another around here" Windu greeted them a they entered the room. "Yeah, trouble really seems to alway have bad timing" Obi-Wan replied. "Did Ahsoka find Ventress yet?" Ana asked.

"I sent her out last night and she called in this morning saying she had a lead. If we're lucky, she should have Ventress here by tonight" Windu explained "While we wait, I want your opinion on something though. I was thinking of putting Vos on this together with Ventress. Obi-Wan, you've known him the longest, and Ana you know what he's like and are good at evaluating someone's value on a mission against the risks. What do you think?"

"His tracking talent would be of great advantage if we want to find mother Talzin. And Ventress's insight would keep him from naively stumbling into potential traps or avoidable danger" Obi-Wan gave his opinion. "Unless Ventress stabs us in the back, I honestly couldn't think of a better way to do this" Ana agreed.

"How likely do you think it is for Ventress to betray us?" Windu anted to know. "Shouldn't be too likely in my opinon. But we can offer her something for helping us, just to be on the safe side" Ana replied. "Alright then, onto our next topic. Most of the Republic troups have returned by now. Organa has plans to keep the military active and take over tasks like checking trade routs and docks, and security jobs. Wit the return of our troups, we Jedi hold no more authority over them, or anyone else in the republic military.

However, those troups who have not yet evacuated are still our mandate. We are still having trouble with the evacuation on Christophsis and Ryloth. Especially Ryloth seems to be lacking the means to pack up all of the equipment and transport everything back.

I spoke to Admiral Yularen this morning, and they are ready to lend us more ships for transport, under the terms that we are done with the evacuation in two weeks. I know you are barely back, but Aayla, I need you to accompany that fleet and help out Caleb and Depa on Ryloth". "Of course, I'll head right to the docks".

"Great, may the force be with you. Now, Obi-Wan, why don't you take the rest of the day to catch up on what's going on here at the moment, and help your family unpack. Ana, you're coming with me" Windu instructed, small group heading out of the door and dispersing in different directions.

"Where are we going, Master?" Ana asked curiously "I found something when going through Yoda's things I need a second opinion on". The two of them entered the Council room, Windu opening a video file on his datapad and displaying it in the middle of the room.

"I found this on a datastick in Yoda's quaters. It seems he visited Dooku while he was getting treated at the Temple before he was killed. the conversation is rather shocking, which I guess is why Yoda deleted it out of the Temple system a the time. Take a look". Windu played the recording and Ana could immediately make out the halls of healing, as well as Dooku and Yoda.

"I was wondering when you'd be visiting" Dooku spoke, very sure of himself for someone who had just lost his hands and been captured by the enemy "It is good to see you my old Master".

"Mutual the feeling is not" Yoda replied drily. "Feel free to leave" Dooku bitterly retaliated. "Expected you to be more cooperative I had" Yoda simply stated. "What reason would I have? I'll be safe in Jedi custody, while the rest of you move towards your unavoidable demise". "Remain in Jedi custody you will not. Handed over to the Republic you will be when finished Master Allie is".