5. Bribery

Located in a pocket dimension created by Guy Crimson, a banquet was held. This place is actually not unfamiliar to Rimuru. This exact pocket dimension was used to host the Walpurgis meetings in the original timeline. Five people were participating in this banquet which were Guy, Ramiris, Velzard, Rimuru and for some reason Velgrynd. The room was silent and everyone was enjoying the meals.

"So, Guy-san, is this banquet some kind of bribery to make me accept your so-called offer?" asked Rimuru, who knew of Guy's methods. Either

'If I wouldn't know him beforehand I would have fell for it, but too bad for you, Guy. I know exactly that this isn't an offer, but you wanting me to join desperately. Let's play with you a little, shall we.'

"Hoh, quite sharp, aren't you? Not exactly bribery, consider it as an act of good will. Now that everyone has finished their meals, let's talk about my offer, shall we? I'm sure you'll like it."

"Wait, Guy. Did you forget we have an intruder also partaking in this meeting? Velgrynd, why are you still here? Didn't you stay to check on Milim? She is in the castle in one of the guest rooms. Mizery, guide my sister to Milim's room."

"Cold as always, sister. No, I'd like to stay and also hear about that offer. I can see Milim when she wakes up."

"This offer has nothing to do with you, Velgrynd. You choose to act as a pawn for Rudra, so this doesn't involve you in any way. I just agreed for you to stay because of Milim's condition."

"I'm not a pawn! I just stay with him because I was bored doing nothing, and he picked my interest."

"Ara~, what happened to your usual attitude, Velgrynd? All you talked about was Rudra this and Rudra that, I even thought you were in love with him for a while."

"W-w-what a-a-re you s-saying s-sister?! As i-if I, the scorch d-dragon, would f-fall in l-love! Don't say things who could be misunderstood, there are people here who would believe in what you just said!"

Velgrynd, who was red as a tomato despite being in her human form, quickly glared at Rimuru before averting her gaze back to her sister, who she was having an argument with.

Rimuru, who saw this, had some flashbacks of his fight against Velgrynd during the war against the empire.

'Oh shit, she is angry! After I ate Veldora she also had a red tone on her face. But why? Is it because I belittled her during our small spar before? But I didn't want to hurt her. I hope I don't have to fight her again, she is simply too hard to calm down.'

<< Master, you're so dense even I have a hard time to express it this time. >>

>> Huh? Did you say something Ciel? <<

<< Yes, you're dense and this time it's not your imagination! >>

'What's up with Ciel? Dense? Me? Why? I wish she could atleast help me instead of calling me dense all the time...'

Guy, who was watching the bickering between the two true dragon sisters indifferently, had a smirk after witnessing Velgrynd's reaction.

'That sudden turn of events will be amusing to watch' was all he could think.

"Velzard, I don't mind if Velgrynd wants to stay and listen to my offer. So, Rimuru, are you now willing to listen to my offer?"

"Yes, go on."

"I'm currently assembling a group of demon lords and I want you to join our group. I can tell you're strong after witnessing your quarrel with Velgrynd here and Rudra, so I think you have the right to call yourself one of us."