chapter 28

She smiled and glanced down at the gold trinket. Another piece of jewelry. She didn't like the gifts or what they could mean. Was this another way of paying for sex? Her mother always entered her head when she thought about the way Demon treated her. The warnings. Some of the signs her mother had said were there. Could Demon be keeping her just to use her for sex?

"I take it you don't want to talk to me," Tate said, making her aware she hadn't answered him.

"I'm sorry. I've got a lot on my mind right now," she said. Trying to give herself something to do, she reached for a glass of water. Her hands were shaking.

"Are you afraid?" Tate asked.

"No."

He stared at her without saying anything. "I know this is going to sound like a strange question, but do you know any self-defense moves?"

She glanced over at Demon. He smiled at her and waved his hand."No. I don't."

"Would you like to come with me to show you some?"

"I don't think that would be appropriate," she said replacing her glass back down.

"It won't be anything intensive. Just some moves that can help you if you're ever alone. Demon can't always be with you, and there are some moves I think women should be able to use for themselves to get away from any intended attacker."

At his words, she thought about Dominic Green. She'd never met the man, and yet he posed the biggest threat to her life. She followed Tate out of the room. He took her down several flights of stairs until they came to a large metal door. He opened the door with a combination. When they entered she knew they'd walked into a gym. Mats were on the floor.

"This is a strange place to keep a gym," she said.

"Some men like their women to know what they're doing."

"Being protective of them."

"All of the men in this club are wealthy. They want their women to be able to defend themselves. This place is to provide them with the best possible way of defending them and make sure the men can watch their women training at all times. . They're wealthy and if that information got into the wrong hands things could turn to shit very quickly."

Tate rolled up his sleeves. Violet stared at him and wondered if she should have left the main room.

****

"Will you lay off her? You're going to scare her," Demon said as he watched Tate taking her into another room. He'd suggested teaching her some self-defense moves that he thought all women should know. Demon hated her being out of his sight, but he had to warn Sean to keep his mouth shut.

"Every bit of information I get from her helps me to determine if she'd under threat," Sean said.

Demon closed his eyes as the fear gripped him. He hated to think of his woman in any danger. He loved her more than anything. Nodding his head in agreement, he went in search of Tate and Violet. He would make sure she spent some time being questioned by Sean.

He typed in the code to the gym and watched as Tate taught her new ways to break contact with an opponent. Seeing the concentration on her face, Demon knew she was in danger. Even Violet knew she was in danger. After some time, he clapped his hands and made his presence known. His woman turned and smiled at him, walking over the mats and wrapping her arms around his neck. It was the first time she'd willingly come to him without a command.

"Tate's teaching me how to be a super-girl," she said.

"I'm glad but I think it's time to go on up to the rest of the guests."

She thanked the other man and slipped her shoes on. Demon escorted her up the flight of stairs and placed her at the table where Sean sat looking nonchalant with a glass of strong amber liquid. Demon moved to the bar where the other man sat and pretended to be waiting for a drink.

"This is a good thing," Stephen said.

"Why do I feel I'm letting the wolves get at her?"

"Sean is really passionate about this. He needs to talk to her to make sure he's not making a mistake."

Demon nodded his head. He knew why they needed the information. Turning round to face the couple, he saw Sean talking to her. She moved away whenever the other man looked like he was getting closer. She looked terrified. Sean could be a very powerful presence. Someone like Violet would be nervous around a man as domineering as Sean. The guy didn't stop until he got his way.

Taking the mug of coffee from the bartender, Demon watched the scene play out. Soon the other man had her turned to face him, her attention held by what he was saying. His hands were expressing a point. She laughed and joined in. The conversation took a turn Demon hadn't expected. The ease with which Sean had placed her shocked him.

Feeling the jealousy rising up, he downed the hot coffee and walked over to the table. If Sean wanted to get her laughing then he was done trying to pump her for information.

"Take it easy, Demon. He's only trying to help," Stephen said.

"I love her. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Tell me to take it easy when you find the right woman." Demon threw down some cash before going over to the table. Glaring at Sean where he was touching her arm, he took Violet by the hand.

"Sorry to cut your chat short, but I'm taking my girl home," he said.

Violet gasped but didn't say a word. He thanked the lucky angel looking down on him. The way they'd been chatting he was tempted to put her over his knee and spank her ass. She was his, and no one else can put his hands on her except him.

She went with him. They said their goodbyes, and Demon pulled her out into the night air.

The moment he was in the car, he turned the engine over and was out of there in no time. He needed to get her home and sink himself in her sweet heat. To reassure himself she wasn't going anywhere. Violet stayed silent as he worked out his aggression. Demon hated feeling this way, but he couldn't help it.

When they walked through to the bedroom, thirty minutes later, Demon pounced on her, pulling her close into his tight embrace.

"Why did you behave like that at the club?" she asked.

"Because it's who I am. I saw him put his hands on you, and I lost my mind. I can't bear for another person to want you the way I do."

"I'm not going anywhere, Demon. I love you."

He unzipped her dress and watched as it fell away from her body. Cupping her bra-covered, he nipped her neck. All he needed to do was lose himself in sweet heat and he'd be fine. "Let me have this, Violet. I need to take you."

"Then take me."

Demon pushed her to the bed. He removed the bra and tore at the thong. There was no time to remove his own clothes. He had to be.

Unzipping his trousers, he pulled out his hard cock, opened her legs, and plunged balls-deep in her wet cunt. He didn't let her catch her breath before he slammed back. Each thrust is a punishment and pleasure. He held himself away from her body, her tight heat surrounding him. Demon fucked her hard until he could obliterate any other memory but the ones of him. He knew he was being a bastard, but the need was more than anything he'd ever felt. Violet was his woman. He knew this, and yet he couldn't stop himself from fucking her hard. She screamed his name as the release came to her.

****

Tate, Sean, Stephen, and Kevin watched Demon leave with his woman. Violet Moore was a sweet young woman who'd clearly suffered. They saw the pain within her and knew it wouldn't be long until her past came crashing around her.