The council's representative

Começar do início

"But there won't be a ball." My mother chimes in.

"What?" Isabella and I say in unison.

"Yes, just tell the council that we have a tragic issue that needs more serious attention
than my son's marriage. We can't have a bunch of non mated maidens ready for kill when they strike." She says. Using one problem to stall the other. See this is why she's my mother.

"I'm pretty sure the King can take care of a bunch of humans, my Queen. Even those stupid twins, they failed." She says.

"No. We are not talking about humans this time. That is no threat."I say. I decide to play along my mother's plans.

"Then what is it?" She asks.

"It's an order from your Queen. To go tell the council we demand a high council meeting with the Royals. The Lycan King is raging a war." My mother says.

"What war?" They have been focusing on my marriage and forgot our people? Great leaders aren't they.

"The one that will happen if you don't deliver this message within 24 hours from now." My mother is being a little dramatic but I like it.

"But I can't go there without a reason." She can't defy the Queen's orders. As long as my mate hasn't claimed her place,my mother is still a Queen. And she happens to think I'm her equal. It's only a matter of time the monster inside of me snaps to kill her.

"The reason is that wolves broke the laws and used not only dark magic, but they defy the laws of supernaturals, to never create hybrids." I say.

"But why would they do such a thing? You are not trying to get me to leave are you?" Isabella says.

"Do you call me a liar? Love." I say.

"No of course not but it is a big accusation." She says.

"Then I suggest you get up now, or the council will need a new representative." My mother says or more like threatens.

Isabella got up from her seat and bowed to us before she left. I have to say I like it when my mother tries to be scary. She's very nice and sweet but she has a dark side to her. It only appears when the people she loves are being threatened.

"Now you." She turns to me as soon as Isabella left the room.

"Me?" What did I do?

"You need to speed up this thing with your mate. And you two not agreeing with each other almost everyday is very stupid. Fix it." She says.

"I know, Kahina is.. stubborn. She won't do anything I tell her to do and she's not straight forward with what she wants me to do." I say.

"And have you asked her about standing next to you as your equal? Because as far as I see it, she feels like she's on the level of everyone else." She says.

"What do you suggest then?" She doesn't say anything and just sits back.

"No that's not happening. She's not ready mother she's weak. She already has a big mouth and I saw how she reacted when she saw her father's killer." I regretted the words as soon as they came out.

"Wait what? Who?" Shit. "Spill."

I took a deep breath preparing myself for a lecture.

"Christian. As soon as she and her sister were getting popular, I did a little digging in and found out Christian was the one to see them escape and killed their father when they were young. I awarded his family with wealth. I wanted to see how she would react and made Christian in charge of giving me one of the mansions he was building to a bunch of human kids to earn her trust. It worked in both ways, she now speaks to me and she froze when he saw him." I didn't want to spoil this plan but she was going to figure it out anyways.

"Are you insane? When she finds this out-" I cut her off before she could finish.

"She won't mother. Kahina may be as calm, collected and looks like she has everything figured out but she's more fragile than her sister. One single mistake and she may fall apart. She will never be ready as long as she is still human. At least as a vampire she can be allowed to speak and not suffer consequences a human might." I say.

"So you plan to turn her into a vampire? The council will be here in 11 days." She says.

"So she has to be a vampire in 11 days." It may sound impossible but it's not.

"I do not support this and I will bear no part in it." My mother says getting up and ready to leave. "But know there are always consequences to secretes. If she is as unstable as you say she is, how do you think she will react to knowing you lied to her?"

And just like that, she was gone.

......................................................................................

Hey guys? I hope you enjoyed this chapter. More coming your way