13. Wants and Needs

Start from the beginning

"Here, let me help or we're going to be standing here for a week," I had forgotten that Damien was right in-front of me for a brief second.

He lifted the shirt up from the back while his hand found the zipper and slowly opened it up, until his hand rested on my lower back.

"Your eyes are really pretty, especially when they turn gold," I didn't know where the compliment came from.

"I hate when they turn gold, it makes me look like a freak," his eyes found mine and he frowned, as if recalling a hurtful memory.

Did someone made him feel like that?

"No, I think they look magical. It enhances your other facial features, too."

"Thanks," he said in a low voice. I had a feeling he wasn't used to receiving many compliments, because he was a little taken back.

When the zipper was undone, I slid my hand into sleeves of the shirt and pulled the strap of the dress down my arm, one at a time.

Without the help of the straps, the gown slid down onto the floor and I stepped out of it, feeling so much lighter and airy.

His shirt fit me like a mini dress, it reached just above my thighs. The material was super soft and I felt like I could cuddle up in it and fall asleep in seconds.

"What kind of sorcery was that?" Damien looked at me in disbelief, as if unable to comprehend how I managed to take the dress off, before he noticing my naked legs, "let me just grab your shorts."

"Wait, I have to ask you something. Where did you go in the middle of the party?"

"I- I had to take care of something," his eyes avoided mine and looked anywhere but me.

Why did it seem like he was always hiding something?

"I was gone for only a few minutes and you seemed to have landed yourself in all kinds of trouble, who told you to drink so much, Nicholas?"

Damien said his name with such hatred leaking through the word.

"It wasn't my fault! We were playing this game that involved drinking, I just didn't realize the buzz until I stood up."

I tried to explain to him but then I remembered something else.

"Which reminds me, more than half of the girls on that table claimed to have kissed you," I crossed my arms.

"What?!" He turned around to face me again.

"Don't 'what' me," I narrowed my eyes at him, "why do you have to be such a-"

"Even if I did, that was probably ages ago! I have not been attracted to another woman, let alone kiss another for months."

"And you think that's a long time?"

The way he was looking at me when he said that made me believe him. His eyes softened and he took a step in my direction, I wanted nothing more than for him to close the distance between us.

Just a little closer...

"Can't even think about anyone but you these days."

His words made my heart race faster, he became even more attractive when he wasn't trying to hide his feelings and was being completely honest with me.

"Then prove it," I didn't just want his words, I wanted to feel his touch to confirm how he felt towards me.

"I can't, you'll hate me in the morning. I don't want you to feel as if I took advantage of your drunken state," he stopped mere inches away from me.