𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐓 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

Start from the beginning

She could feel him inching closer by the second, not being able to breath just once more as their lips connected. She could feel Sonic smirking into it, almost giving a pleasured chuckle between each time they separated before taking a breath and continuing. She could feel his gloved hands slipping down her waist from the pressure, a hand of hers keeping to her stomach that now possessed the preciousness of pure gold as the other raised to Sonic's cheek.

(Y/n) knew when the kiss was about to end, the tension of Sonic's hand weakening as it crawled up her back. She released her fingers once they slipped over his shoulder and tangled themselves within his quills, the kiss that felt like it could physically connect them forever soon breaking.

(Y/n) took the much needed breath she could feel stored in her chest, a hand keeping to her risen stomach as the other held Sonic's shoulder to pull herself into an embrace. She heard his smug chuckle and sensed the rise and fall of his chest as her head balanced against it. She smiled into him, feeling his gloved hands return to caressing the back of her shoulders.

She felt the soft touch of a kiss to the very top of her head that nestled deep into Sonic's neck, the heroic hedgehog noticing the fingers that always kept hold of the developing child he also couldn't wait much longer to meet, but knew he didn't have much choice.

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes stinging with overwhelmed tears gazed up in fascination and immediately locked with Sonic's stunning emeralds as he held a hand to her stomach that balanced atop her own. The sensation of her beloved hedgehog pressing a hand to hers brought emotion like that of a tsunami. Just the touch of the two of them against their baby brought bewilderment to (Y/n), and over the last couple of months she couldn't have thanked Sonic enough for always being there for her.

Because even if the whole world saw him as their hero, he would always take her as his priority. And as long as she was happy, so was he.

"And good morning to you, too." Sonic crouched before (Y/n), both hands holding the side of her rounded stomach as she gave a perfect giggle from the sudden change in tone of his voice from deepened to rather squeaky.

She recognised the tickling sensation to her stomach being Sonic pressing his head against it, the softened touch nudging the baggy clothing that (Y/n) labelled as pyjamas upwards so he could feel the small vibration of a heartbeat that thrived within.

His emeralds glowing with a twinkle of achievement and exhilaration that he could barely keep locked inside him slowly closed, hands rubbing against the barrier between himself and his child with a grinning face tickling (Y/n)'s stomach.

He could feel the movement of her body with every breath and every giggle the touch lead her to release, her own hand remaining fixed to herself with Sonic's gloved fingers knocking against them now and again.

(Y/n) could hear Sonic whispering all sorts of innocent communication to his child who was yet to encounter the astonishing world that thrived just behind the glass that structured the window of the kitchen illuminated by morning light.

"Hi, my precious."

"I can't wait to meet you."

It brought tears to (Y/n)'s already glazed eyes, a finger from the hand that rested to her aching back drying them up into the cozy sleeve that hung past her wrist. She didn't want them trickle down and crack into the moment that glistened like rare gold in her mind as she captured it like a camera would a photo.

Everything was perfect. Every day since her discovery seemed like a dream she had envisioned for years finally coming true. It broke into her already faultless life with the heroic hedgehog she could admit to having a crush on ever since she knew of his existence, and for that she thanked her fate that sat back and watched what it already knew to happen do just that.

(Y/n) couldn't resist another giggle once she felt Sonic plant a kiss to her raised belly. She could feel his moist nose nuzzling against her stomach alongside a multitude of sounds escaping his adrenaline filled chest conveying the opposite - soft, childlike, friendly, supportive.

He just wanted to be there for her. For them. For his family. Sure, the world would always come crying for help to him when needed, but right now all he wanted was to be there for (Y/n) and their baby.

Because that's what fathers do, and he wanted to raise his child to be the same.

(Y/n) could feel another tender kiss meet her stomach, Sonic carefully leaning back into it with calming whispers. His soothing breaths tickled her and blew between her fingers that remained against the beating of her baby's heart like a breeze between the branches of a blossom tree.

"I can't wait to meet you... Sonic the Hedgehog Junior..." (Y/n) could feel her cheeky blue boyfriend smirking into her stomach before leaving a final kiss and rising to her side.

"Really?" She giggled, Sonic's gloved hands sliding around her shoulders to plant a kiss to her cheek that rose higher through her widened smile.

"Uh, yeah..." He admitted, almost taking on a little embarrassment from announcing his ideal namesake for the child.

"But what if it's a girl?" (Y/n) giggled, Sonic smirking from the touch of the top of her head deep into his neck with a quick kiss to the cheek while he gave a chuckle that almost spoke the words I didn't think of that.

(Y/n) bathed in the sensation of her fingers caressing her stomach and Sonic's hands returning to her waist and pulling her closer into his as the two of them admired the luscious land that they couldn't wait for their child to see once they entered this adventurous world.

"Well, even if it is a girl, I want them to be strong and live life as free as the wind, like I do." Sonic admitted, feeling the movement of (Y/n)'s head against his shoulder as she nodded in agreement.

He shone more of a warm, understanding smile with emerald orbs sparkling with joy and a glaze of emotion that locked to where his child could maybe even make out the sounds in the world they would encounter in just a few months' time.

(Y/n)'s warm smile grew. "And just so you know, if it is a boy, I'd love to name him that. So he can be as heroic and brave as you, and relive the exciting life of his dad..."

Sonic chuckled in pride that (Y/n) confirmed her agreement, beaming with delight that she approved. He planted a final kiss to the top of her head and slid away his hand that laid atop of hers and rested against her risen belly.

(Y/n) could soon feel his hands reaching underneath her, scooping her up into a bridal style hold as she gave a squeal of surprise. She held herself tightly against his shoulder with arms flung around his neck, knowing from many previous experiences what was to come.

"Why should we wait? Let's go find out." Sonic stated with immeasurable enthusiasm and desire that he couldn't possibly abstain any longer, raising a foot embedded within his prominent scarlet shoe in preparation to take off at his incredible super speed at any moment.

(Y/n) nestled deeper into his shoulder to give herself the comfort of safety. Because if there was any time she didn't want to be dropped while her boyfriend rolled around at the speed of sound, it would be now.

She pressed a final kiss to his cheek shaped sternly by his signature grin, already reminding herself of what she knew about gelid gell to allow those trained with life saving medical abilities to take the first look at their baby, something the two of them had been dreaming of since they found out.

"Just please be careful."

"Of course I will."

💙

Author's Note - OKAY THAT'S THE MOST ROMANTIC STORY I'VE EVER WRITTEN! 😭 And wow another detailed kiss scene- but anyways TYSM FOR 15K READS, and thanks for all the lovely comments recently, it really boosts my confidence in writing and helps me to know that so many people are enjoying these! 🥺❤️ And I know some of you want to give requests, but they're still closed until I am completely finished with school BUT if you have ideas, leave them in the comments now and you'll just have to be patient for them to be written up and posted! 😉

💙