"I will get out of this car right now." Gianna's mouth widen as she laughed a little. "I'm still mad about that so you should tread lightly, sir."

"I'm sorry." Miles told her since he realized he hadn't said it before. "It was just that I heard some shit and I had to think it over, but it's cool now."

"What did you hear?" Gianna asked as she watched him drive and focus on the road. She was starting to see different sides of him and by far, this angle was her favorite. His left hand controlled the steering wheel as he relaxed in his seat.

Gianna's eyes wandered from his toned arms, still visible through the sleeves of the black crewneck he wore with the CD icon stitched on the left side. Then, her orbs went up to his tawny colored and blemish free face, just admiring it as he explained to her what happened in Jerome's office that day.

I'm no better than a man she thought to herself. "So where are we going?" Gianna asked while looking at downtown Seattle through her window.

Miles cleared his throat since he honestly didn't know. He'd impromtly asked her to 'come with him' even though he had nowhere to go. He just wanted to spend time with her. "Where you wanna go?"

"I thought you were taking me somewhere, not the other way around."

"Well, I'm the tourist and you're the native." He made a valid point, making Gianna purse her lips together.

"Google is free." She retorted while looking up to see where they were. "Get off here." Gianna pointed to the nearest exit. After following all of Gianna's directions, they were thirty minutes outside of the city, in a town that was so charming and perfect, that it looked fictional.

Gianna pointed him to a certain store tucked away in the downtown strip. "You come here a lot?" Miles asked as they walked to the front door that displayed the vintage welcome sign. The doorbell chimed as he opened it for her.

"I came one time with my mom, once by myself. She likes this part of the city." The warmness from the heater immediately engulfed them and the scent of crisp paper and cardboard filled their noses. Jazz music played lowly from the record player, accompanied by the ticks from a grandfather clock that hung on the wall.

"Welcome to Timeless Trinkets, how can I help you?" The older black woman who looked to be in her early to mid sixties sent a smile the couple's way, ready to assist them with whatever they needed. She recognized Gianna but she wanted to get the formalities out of the way.

"Hi Delores." Gianna said with her jovial and wide smile. 

"How are you doing honey?" Delores asked Gianna.

"I've been busy with school and work but I'm back as promised. I brought my friend as well."

"Good afternoon." Miles spoke and nodded his head towards her.

"Same to you." Delores directed her joyous attitude his way. "Go on and look around we've got lots of new inventory." She told them before going into the back through the beaded curtain.

"I thought you said you only been here twice?" Miles asked since the two acted as if they'd known each other for way longer.

"I have. Last time I was here we talked and had tea." Gianna was the type of person to make a new friend wherever she went. Once Delores got her talking about her interests, she ended up talking with her for a couple of hours. "Come on." Gianna grabbed Miles' hand and he watched as her shiny coils bounced with every step she took. He loved how she always wore her curly hair.