Chapter 7.

Clara had begun to worry throughout the day. It was too quiet in the house. Lots of peace. None of her children had come to her or around the house. Not even their voice could be heard. Her first thought was that they were staying together or separately in their own rooms.. but for four hours? It was too much. She expects it from Michael. He did the same when he was alive. He locks himself in his room. Little was expected of Chris because now he slightly changed his personality. And Elizabeth? Not at all. Her daughter was energetic and full of life. As long as she could be. When she was little, she always ran around the house with a new one of her drawning. Adoring William, her father.

The woman decides to pay a visit to William, who is in his basement office. She had knocked softly on the gray door, hearing from her husband that she could enter.

"Will, I'm worried.." Clara said in a worried, gentle voice as she entered and closed the door behind her.

"Why?" William asked her seriously, not taking his eyes off the notebook he had been writing for some time.

"I haven't heard from them since we ate... I'm worried. Maybe they left the house."

"Take off this fake mask you're wearing. There's no point in wearing it in front of me. Maybe just in front of the kids."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Willy."

"And don't call me like that. That's it." He put the pen down. "That's it. I've been lying for years that we're together and we have a healthy relationship for the sake of the kids, Dad and Henry. That's it." He sounded like he was tired of everything and all. He had been tired for a long time.

Clara's body tensed at those harsh words. "You won't tell them about the divorce.."

"Oh yes. At the first opportunity you give me. Now there's nothing stopping me from saying that I divorced you a long time ago. After Elizabeth passed away..to be exact. And you got drunk and killed in a car accident. Only Michael and I were left."

"You wouldn't dare..You wouldn't do that. You'd ruin everything. And no one would believe you. Especially Michael after all you've done, you've done to us, you've done to them."

"Seriously?" He got up from his desk, but did not step toward the woman. "The marriage was forced from the beginning. Your parents put it around my neck. Not even my father agreed with you. But I had to marry you because of the business, the money, the obligation and that you made me fall in love with you in high school. And during the marriage, you showed your true face. And you, and that scorpion of a woman in Henry's life."

"Oh, please, Willy. I don't know why you are defending Henry. You two are no longer friends after you killed his daughter. ...And son. But I bet he doesn't know about that. Right? And with your father, he didn't know what he was talking about. And how did I have to know that our wedding season was fixed at the same time when your mother died of cancer a year after you and your dead brother were born?" Her words were harsh and poisonous. She knew that. She knew it well.

Afton's body tensed at max as he heard how she was talking about his family and his dead mother and brother were treated. He tried hard to stay calm. A lot. To not stab her a bunch of times again and again and again and again.

"Take my family's name out of your mouth."

"Oh. Oh.. Too sad? Oh. Well, either way. Two members of your family are dead. And ironically..exactly the people you cared about the most."

"Get out."

"I'll do it. Maybe that's how it comes to your mind and you won't destroy this family, Again." With that, she slammed the door behind her.