53: Enchanted Forest (part 1)

Featuring the songs, Once upon a dream from Sleeping Beauty and Reflection from Mulan.

💀🖤after a week of cinematic records🖤💀

Victoria's POV:

I barged into his parlor—thank god no one was there—full of joy. "I have it, I have it dad the next concert." That's great dearie, what's the name?" He asked. "Well now that I thought about the songs a name keeps popping up, and Othello brought it up . . . Enchanted Forest." "Ohhh, sounds magical," he said putting his hands on my shoulders. "Exactly, and that's what I want it to be." Later at home I tolled everyone about my idea and they liked it. "I can already see the poster outside the stadium, you as a witch and a foggy forest, but the words Enchanted Forest are written with fireflies," Eric said. "What about the tickets?" Ronald asked. "It's a Forest, but somewhere in there you see her silhouette," Alan said. "I love it, now for the wardrobe," I said. "Oh we'll take care of it together, just let your witch style fly," Grell said.

🖤💀time skip💀🖤

After looking around we decided on three outfits, first I'd look like a peasant

Then my witch outfit, and then a purple gown to represent the night.

"We'll have your hair up in the last outfit," Grell said.

💀🖤after getting permission to use the stadium again, rehearsal, and the GRDA letting us free for the night 🖤💀

Once again another full stadium. "Good luck out there," dad said. "Thanks." Now I just needed to wait for my cue. There were parts of the stage that looked like trees, and the green around the catwalk lights were supposed to be bushes. My voice recorded on the audio came on. The audience saw nothing but forest.

"A forest, what is a forest but trees as tall as the eye can see with so many ways to go in the day, but only on way to go at night." It was a foggy forest. "And everyone says the same thing at night 'don't go in there.' Well what if you did, hmmm, my mom always told me that the forest next to our castle . . . was enchanted, and every night I'd look outside my window and think, enchanted forest." That's my cue.

I walk out like normal, the cheers, the chant of my name, I wave for a few seconds then get back to the show. The screens a forest in the daylight, with birds flying around. I walk around humming the song . . . Then.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
Yet I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream."

I start dancing around, then out comes Ronald and a few other dancers, and we start to dance.

"But if I know you, I know what you do
You love me at once
The way you did once upon a dream."

The background dancers sing the last bit with me.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream."

Cheers, Ronald kisses my hand, the lites dim for a second . . . And when they're back on—not counting the orchestra—no one is on stage but me. "I guess it was just a dream," I said. I stand center-stage then you hear my voice on the audio. "The forest also hides secrets, but it can't hide them forever." The orchestra begins, and I'm sure this one will blow their minds.

"Look at me
You may think you see
Who I really am
But you'll never know me."

"Every day
It's as if I play a part."
Start walking.
"Now I see
If I wear a mask
I can fool the world
But I cannot fool my heart."

At the end of the catwalk.

"Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?"
Look left.
"When will my reflection show,
Look right.
Who I am inside?"

"I am now
In a world where I
Have to hide my heart
And what I believe in."

"But somehow
I will show the world
What's inside my heart
And be loved for who I am."
I can picture my family as I run back.

"Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?"
Look left.
"Why is my reflection
Someone I don't know?"
Look right.
"Must I pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time?"
Look forward.
"When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?"

On screen,
"There's a heart that must be
Free to fly,"
Images of me,
"That burns with a need to know
The reason why."
In both forms.

"Why must we all conceal
What we think, how we feel?
Must there be a secret me
I'm forced to hide?
I won't pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?"

I hit that note, and my magic was free. I walked down the catwalk, red eyes and hands glowing green.

"When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?"

A standing ovation, didn't expect that. My ears were pointy so I had good hearing, so good I heard my dad say 'time to get changed.' I ran back then slowly got on my knees, to the audience I looked like I was having anxiety, when it's just an act.
"You know how people say 'don't go in there,' well they really mean you shouldn't go in alone or at all . . . There could be witches in there." it cut black.