22: A Reapers first cold

I just got the second vaccine this past Saturday, and Sunday I was cold.

Undertaker's POV:

When I got home, it wasn't an axe anymore. Now she just needs the amplifier. "No way, you did it!" When I put it in her hands she made that Undertaker smile I make when all I need are jokes. "Now just turn the third volume control and it's an axe again," I said. When it turned to normal she put it down and hugged me. "You really are the best dad in the realm." Now I'm not an emotional man, but I just had to hug her as tight as she hugged me. "Thank you," my chin under her head, "thank you so much my reaper."

💀🖤the next day🖤💀

I was making breakfast for my little reaper . . . until I heard five words that had me running to her. "Dad, I don't feel so good." She almost fainted but stayed concuss. "Victoria look at me. let me see your eyes." They were a reapers eyes so that was ok. When I touched her she got chills."I was right, though I hoped this would happen when you were still a recruit." "Undertaker, what's happening to me?" The poor girl didn't wanna keep her eyes open, so I wasn't going to stop her, not now. "Here let's get you on the couch and I'll call the doctor." "I thought Grim Reapers don't get sick," she said. "Well this happens usually once and it only last a day. I'm still calling the doctor for precautions."

🤒after a short doctors appointment🤒

"Yup, it's a cold," the doctor said. "And I suggest she not collect souls tomorrow, but if she has to then have her stay warm and wear a mask. "Thank you, Doctor." "Keep a close eye on her . . . and be really thankful it wasn't what you have." He flinched thinking I'd take out my death scythe. "Heehee doc don't worry it's in the hall of death scythes." "Y-Yes that's right, now call me back if anything else happens." He left and she just sat there on the couch. "Now how about we have breakfast and figure this out together," I said. Victoria tried to get up, but her cold kept her down.
"I'll bring it to you."

🍳after breakfast🍳

"Now if you're going anywhere it's the couch, your bedroom, or the bathroom." "Dad shouldn't you be working?" Looking at her hair that covered half her face when she woke up, I moved it back like I did mine on the ship that day. "No dearie, no I shouldn't," I stroked her hair, "because here's a lesson without a scythe. Family always comes first." I kissed her head. "I'll go get you a blanket."

💀🖤time skip🖤💀

Victoria's POV:

I just sat there on the couch—keeping warm—while watching movies. Dad was in his office doing god knows what. "Alright time to check your temperature," he said. I spoke too soon. When it beeped he didn't say anything. "Well?"
"103 in the human realm would mean you're sick, but down here it'll be gone in three," Undertaker said. "I'll check on the soup." Another kiss on the head.
The soup was good, he had some with me but there was still more left. "Give it to the children at the orphanage," I said. "But this could be dinner," dad said. "But those children might need it more than me." A while after lunch dad took my temperature and it did go down to a 98. "I'll go take a nap." "Hihi alright, I'll take the soup to the orphanage, do not leave that room till I come back."

💀🖤time skip to bed time because I'm lazy🖤💀

I felt better after the nap and shower when he got back. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV and finally it was bedtime. I went to sleep in that nightgown he gave me on my birthday. "Alright you took the Tylenol and brushed your teeth, goodnight—" "Dad wait . . . I was wondering, did you ever see Claudia when she was sick?" He shut the door and leaned on it.

Undertaker's POV:

"Once or twice," I said. "She threw a pillow at me telling me 'go away I don't want you to see me like this.' And the second time she was coughing so much I was afraid she'd . . ." I looked at Victoria and she was asleep. The Tylenol kicked in fast for her, and she hardly drank blood today. "Hmmm, goodnight my little vampire reaper."

💀🖤the next day🖤💀

I was having breakfast, when out of the corner comes this girl with her hair down, in a long black wool coat, with skirt and hood overcoat. (Sunday outfit—even though it's Monday—and the outfit in ch14 is Saturday's outfit. I have been wanting to get rid of this pic for days and I also reeeely want that coat.)

At least the jeans weren't so dark, but they were leather and so were the boots

At least the jeans weren't so dark, but they were leather and so were the boots. I noticed the boots were like mine—with belt straps, three on top and one on the ankle. "This isn't your—" "I know this isn't my Monday outfit, but I just felt like crap yesterday and I just wanted to show my weekend reaping outfit early." ". . . Well take this mask with you just in case." It was a skulls mouth. "Thanks."

Victoria's POV:

I'd have coffee at work because I wanted to see everyone's face when I got there.
I put on the hood, put the mask away, and grabbed the birthday death scythe. "Bye."

💀🖤at the GRDA🖤💀

Good thing the doors open by themselves—the ones in the middle at least.
I brought down my hood . . .
"I'm baaaack."