OBI-WAN KENOBI: EPISODE 1

Obi-Wan Kenobi heard a frantic knock on his front door. No one ever came to see him, so he was curious-and nervous-to see who it was. He slowly, cautiously, opened the door and was surprised to see Owen Lars standing there. He had had a contentious relationship with Luke's overprotective uncle ever since he had arrived on Tattoine and tried to start his life over after the destruction of the Jedi and the rise of the Empire, especially after his former Padawan-and Luke's father-Anakin became the evil Sith lord Darth Vader. 

"Owen," Obi-Wan asked him. "What's wrong? You seem troubled."

"Luke is missing."

"What? Missing?"

Owen nodded frantically. "Yes."

"Are you sure? Maybe he just went to play in the hills somewhere."

"No, he's missing. I went to look for him and I can't find him anywhere."

"What do you want me to do about it?"

Owen seemed enraged when Obi-Wan said that to him. "I want you to go find him. You did say you were here to watch over him and protect him."

"I don't know if I can help, Owen." Obi-Wan turned away from him and lowered his head. "I'm not the man I used to be."

"Damn it, Kenobi. I don't want to hear any of your excuses. You're going to go out there and find my nephew. I swear, if anything happens to him, I will hold you personally responsible. I don't care if you used to be a Jedi or not. Do you understand me?"

Obi-Wan contemplated what Owen had said to him. He was right. Yoda did send him to Tatooine to not only give Luke to Owen and his wife Beru after his and Leia's birth but to also watch over him and train him. Although Owen refused to allow Luke to be trained by Obi-Wan, especially after what happened with his father, he still felt responsible to keep watch over young Luke and make sure he remained safe. And, right now, he felt like a failure on both counts.

Obi-Wan turned to face a fuming Owen. He let out a deep sigh and said, "I will go out and find Luke and bring him back home. I promise."

Owen nodded at Obi-Wan. "Good. I'll let Beru know you're going out to look for him."

With that, Owen turned and stepped away. Obi-Wan stood for a moment and watched as Owen walked away from his hut. Without wasting anymore time, he turned and went over to the box where he kept his and Anakin's lightsabers. He opened up the box and gazed inside. He hadn't touched a lightsaber in years. He wanted to give Anakin's lightsaber to Luke, but Owen wouldn't allow it. He reached inside and grabbed his saber. A flurry of emotions swept through him as he held his old weapon in his hand. The last time he had used it was when he was fighting Anakin on Mustafar. He wondered if he would have to use it again as he went searching for Luke. He was well aware of the existence of the Inquisitors who were tasked with finding rogue Jedi like him. And then there was Darth Vader himself. The last thing he wanted to do was draw attention to himself and allow Vader to know the existence of his son and his daughter. But he would have to take that chance. 

Obi-Wan hoped Luke had merely gotten lost and that he hadn't been captured by someone like the Sand People as they were known to do. He remembered how the Sand People had kidnapped Anakin's mother Shmi and had kept her and tortured her until they finally killed her, which Anakin witnessed and then took his brutal revenge on them by killing them all. Obi-Wan knew he should had been expelled from the Jedi Order after that happened, but, at his urging, Yoda and the rest of the Jedi Council reluctantly decided to overlook the incident. In hindsight, he wondered if that was the best decision given how the death of his mother contributed to his going over to the Dark Side. He also wondered if this might also be a ploy to draw him out in the open. The Empire had also offered a bounty on any and all Jedi. Though he went out of his way to try to conceal his true identity, even changing his name to Ben, he realized there was still a chance someone on Tatooine had maybe recognized him and kidnapped Luke after seeing him watching over the boy figuring he would be the one to try to rescue him and they would try to capture him and collect the bounty on him. There was certainly no shortage of scum and villainy on the desert planet who wouldn't think twice about kidnapping a helpless child for some type of financial gain.

Obi-Wan tucked his lightsaber inside his robe and put his hood over his head. He stepped outside his hut and closed the door. He walked over to his Eopie that he had tied up outside and, after untying it, climbed on top of it. He wasn't sure where to start looking for little Luke, but, with the Force as his guide, he was sure to find him and bring him back to his worried uncle and aunt. As for whether or not this was a trap set for him, he knew he would find that out soon enough . . .

One of the more questionable things in the new Obi-Wan Kenobi show is how Ben helps "rescue" little Princess Leia when SHE gets kidnapped even though he's supposed to help "protect" her brother little Luke Skywalker. I think it would have made MORE sense for the show if Ben ended up "rescuing" Luke after HE gets kidnapped. (But, then again, this is "woke" Disney after all!)