One of the kids turned to look up, gaping at her, ''You know Cupid?''

''That's right, honey,'' Agatha said, forcing a smile as she brushed the boys hair, pulling him back into a hug, shielding him from when she turned back to Jack. 

Jack, who had been slightly distracted by how good with kids Agatha was - a trait he hadn't expected in the slightest, looked back up at her when she did so, brow frowning at her grave expression, voice at a whisper as hands moved to cup the kids ears.

''She killed him.''

Jack froze, hearing the pain in her face as a wave of acknowledgement washed over him.

Ivy was powerful. Dangerous, too.

He anxiously glanced around at all the kids. He was beginning to regret this totally awesome plan of his. He didn't take into account that Pitch might not be working alone. Nightmares was easy to get over, with a comforting touch and whispers of assurance. Natural disasters? Not so much.

''We need to end this quickly, regroup,'' he said. Agatha nodded.

''I've got them, you get her.''

He nodded back.

Ivy was still on her mound, she had been monologuing this entire time, not realising no one was listening. Jack lunged. Too slow.

A third mound. Agatha moved, rearranging the kids to ensure that she was between them and the enemy. This time Agatha was too slow, piecing things together just as Jack moved to attack once more.

''Stop!'' She cried, reaching out to stop him.

Ivy created a forth mound, successfully placing one at every escape route. The ground that rose at the bottom of each one, rose, closing them off, creating a volcano-like shape, with them trapped on the inside. Now, Jack and Agatha could easily fly out. The problem was the kids.

Jack cursed under his breath, flying back down to Agatha, realising his mistake.

Ivy was on another mound.

Neither of them dared move, worried she'd place a roof on next, suffocating them. Agatha could feel the stop watches vibrating from their realm, itching to be called on. She didn't want any of them to die on her hands. 

Jack reached backwards, finding Agatha's hand, giving a squeeze before he flipped to the other side of the crowd - protecting both sides as they waited for Ivy to reappear.

Agatha dropped down. Not on purpose. The ground slowly crept it's way onto her feet, dirt spec by dirt spec, until her feet were covered. Suddenly, the dirt had hardened, securely shackling her before pulling her downwards, a few centi-meters.

Pushing the kids further to Jack's direction, she brought out her scythe. There were a few gasps from the children, all of which shuffled backwards subconsciously. Sophie remained clutched onto Agatha's cloak, huddling into her back, in Agatha's blind spot, where she couldn't push her back. ''Jack!'' She cried.

''Not exactly Jack, but I hope my help'll be just as appreciated.''

Bunny. Sophie squealed from her position, Agatha could feel her jumping up and down. He appeared from a burrow, appearing just in front of Agatha's feet. He looked around, locking eyes with Agatha as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

''Nice to see you again, Sheila.''

''Nice to be seen,'' Agatha was smiling widely, despite the situation. The paw on her shoulder confirming he was real. Bunny glanced at the children huddled behind her, counting on her protection without seeming afraid.

He winked at her. ''Know the feeling.'' His gaze caught Jack's. The boy let his shoulder's sag, beyond happy for his aid, temporarily putting the last fight they had in the past. ''Right, let's get you all out of here.''

He tapped his foot again, and a larger hole appeared, swallowing them all up.

At first, the children were fearful, but when they landed on some more dirt and began to slide downwards, their screams became cheerful.

Jack flew instead, making his way to the front, where Agatha was. He smiled down at her, spotting the happiness that gleamed in her eyes.

For once, Jack wasn't annoyed at Bunny's random hole-opening.

---

i've rewritten this chapter so many times 😭
but i feel bad about not updating, so you can have it 'early'
also, i apologise for naming the chapter this two days after pride month, that's my bad guys 😔