XVI. Bloody Seat-Belts

BLOODY SEAT-BELTS

2007 AD

23rd February

North Pole

Tooth was flying a few meters ahead, happily talking to Sandy as he flew on a cloud of gold dust, leading the way. Behind them, North and Bunny followed by Agatha and Jack.

Agatha had to take quick paces to keep up with North's long strides, two flying spirits and a really tall bunny. Jack was being, well, Jack about it. He flew gently alongside her, smirking every time she nearly tripped. Once, he even had to extend his staff out if front of her to stop her from falling onto the floor - God, he was never going to let her live that down.

''You sure you don't need help?'' Jack teased, now floating on his back.

''Nope,'' Agatha said stubbornly. Her cheeks became a vivid red as she suddenly tripped over her feet. She was about to fall when something soft grabbed her feet and secured her upright, carrying her along. She looked down, surprised, and smiled upon seeing the familiar black swirls.

''Why didn't you do that in the first place?'' Jack laughed.

Agatha's cheeks - that had only just calmed down - lit up again. ''I forgot about it,'' she mumbled, earning another chuckle from Jack. It wasn't mean or depreciating, it was warm and made the smallest of smiles appear on her face as she crossed her arms and looked down; her hair creating a curtain that shielded her red face. ''So, um, where we going?''

''You'll see,'' Jack said with a teasing smirk, earning a small roll of Agatha's eyes.

''Great, very useful, and how are we going to get there, exactly?''

Agatha's question went unanswered as she slammed into North's back. The big guy didn't even notice, he was smiling proudly at something in front of them. Agatha stared up at him in curiosity before leaning to the side to look past him, her eyes widening as two large doors burst open, bringing a tsunami of yeti's, elves and. . . reindeer out.

A few yeti's tried to grab the reindeer's reigns and the elves laughed, running in and out of the animal's legs, chasing one with a large cookie held triumphantly above their head.

''Whoa,'' Agatha breathed, the word accidentally escaping her mouth before she took her arms back into her side and hung her head low; like she felt that she shouldn't have spoken or let her opinion out.

''Everyone loves the sleigh,'' Jack said, flying forward slightly in order to wrap a comforting arm around Agatha's shoulders. She looked up, smiling timidly as she remembered she had nothing to fear there.

''Not me,'' Bunny mumbled angrily, his fists clenched as his arms were stiffly held by his sides. ''Hate the bloody thing.''

''It can't be that bad, Bunny, you're over-reacting,'' Tooth said, smiling slightly as she happily settled into the back. North moved quickly to calm a reindeer down.

Agatha smiled, her hand grabbing Jack's as it was still over her shoulder. She span underneath his arm and tugged him on board, eagerly taking her seat at the back. Her eyes caught the globe at the front and all the glowing dots on it, some were starting to flicker. She frowned at that, but there was nothing she could do to help that. Not yet anyway. She needed her memories.

Was that where they were going? She didn't know, Jack refused to tell her, claiming that it would ruin the surprise.

She brought her legs to her chest, her arms clenched and held in front of her, bent back towards her as she bounced up and down slightly. She no longer cared about the destination, but only the journey ahead.

North climbed on, the sleigh rocked slightly as he took his seat, grabbing hold of the reigns. ''Excited?'' He asked, looking over his shoulder, towards Agatha, who nodded eagerly. Tooth placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling happily before she turned to discuss things with her fairies. The sight reminded her of Noir and accidentally, she summoned him on instinct.

A little black bird that resembled Tooth's helpers slightly, but with a larger, thicker beak and small raven wings instead of fairy ones appeared in front of her.

It let out a soft 'caw' as it flew forward, curling up into Agatha's cheek.

''Who's this little guy?'' Jack asked, taking his seat next to her, the arm furthest away from Agatha was propped up on his knee as he had one leg bent. His hand held his staff, twirling it absentmindedly, his focus on the little creature with Agatha.

''Noir,'' Agatha answered his question and greeted her friend at the same time. She held her finger out and he cawed, perching on her finger as she brought him closer so Jack could see him better. ''He helps me maintain contact with the other world. Him along with all the others.''

''I have a friend like that,'' Jack said, smiling as he watched Agatha stroke the crows back lovingly. Her eyes lit up as she turned to look at him. ''You do?''

''Uh huh, she doesn't help me, but she's a friend. One of Tooth's helpers actually.''

''Can I meet her?'' Agatha asked as Noir nodded along, eager to meet another friend.

''Soon enough,'' He said ominously, adding a flirtatious wink. Agatha rolled her eyes with a soft smile before she turned back to the front of the sleigh. She gently bobbed up and down on her seat as she waited with anticipation. North grabbed the reigns tighter.

''Buckle up,'' North hollered over his shoulder.

''You still don't have any bloody seat-belts!'' Bunny yelled, grabbing onto the edges of the seats.

''It's just expression!'' And with that, they were off.