53) Flightless Bird

🦋

Aadya flinched looking at the venom in his eyes.

No one has ever looked at her with this much hatred.

Rudra put his hand around her shoulder, bringing her closer to his body and in reflex Aadya wrapped her hand around his torso.

Rudra glared back at his father with equal venom in his eyes.

No one can look at his wife with hatred. Not even his father.

Aadya looked up at him,"Sugar," she whispered.

Rudra looked down at his wife who was glued to his body, almost laying her head on his chest,"Please," she said in a small voice when she felt anger radiating from him.

Rudra closed his eyes and took a breath.

Placing a soft kiss on her forehead he nodded and acknowledged his father's presence,"Hello," he said as politely as he could.

Mr. Pratap had his jaw clenched.

He was glaring at the woman who was clinging to his son like some leech. He was sure she must be clinging to her other two husbands the same way.

Characterless woman!

He cursed her in his mind.

Because of her his son was out of his clutch.

"Dad," his gaze snapped to his son when he called him dad.

In the last few days he has only called him sir.

"Move your gaze. She is not comfortable," Rudra said, looking dead in his eyes. His hold on Aadya, tightened.

"I am sure she is used to seeing disgust and hatred in people's eyes," he said as his lips twisted, unpleasantly.

Aadya closed her eyes, hiding her face in her sugar's chest. Everyone has adored her till now. No one has ever seen her with disgust. She was never used to this.

"Or are you still hiding your bitch from the world," he taunted and Aadya flinched.

She knew he didn't like her.

Like? He hates her but even after knowing everything his words were making her sad and heart broken.

"That is enough! Now, don't speak a word about my wife. Be in your limit, father. Otherwise I will do something reckless," a cloud of warning settled over his features as he spat the words to his father.

Mr. Pratap's lips twisted wryly. Once again his son raised his voice before him only because of this girl.

Once again he threatened her only for his so-called wife.

"You have the audacity to step inside my home after giving me a death threat," the wooden stick hit the floor as he walked towards them with disgust evident in his eyes.

Aadya snapped her gaze to Rudra,"You gave your father a death threat?" she asked not believing what his father said.

When Rudra did not say anything Aadya took it as yes,"How can you do that?" she asked, unbelievably.

"He did that for you. He threatened his father to kill only for his so-called wife," Rudra's father snarled.

Aadya gasped hearing the truth from his mouth,"when" she asked her husband.

"When we couldn't find you that day. I thought he did something to you,"Rudra said glaring at the floor, not able to meet his father's or wife's gaze.

"I am sorry.. " she said to Mr. Pratap in a low voice asking forgiveness on Rudra's behalf.