The Enemy

Hi everyone, I'm trying to update this even if my head hurts bad by just looking at the screen of my laptop lol please don't worry about me, so there might be some mistakes here and there.

-------------------------

It was still night and the big eagle was just staring at you.

"What?" you say to him getting impatient, The eagle smiles and says, "I'm waiting for your commands master!" he says with enthusiasm.

You sigh heavily 'His like a desperate puppy wanting attention from it's owner' you think to yourself 

"Why don't you just tell me about Atlas" you say to the eagle. His eyes lit up and he sits in front of you.

"Ok master!" he say loudly. "Atlas has many different groups that does their own things, like the puppeteers, they control us Illuminated beasts, and then there's the makers, the beast posse, they create us."

"Is that all?" you asked him, "No, there's still a lot more of the groups." he saying thinking of the other groups.

"The groups has a rank, the puppeteers and beast posse are some of the lower ranks, the high ranks are the scariest of them all, just thinking about them sends shivers down my entire body."

You listen intently to the eagle, trying to get all the information about Atlas as much as possible, "Who are the high ranks?" you asked the big eagle.

"The Night Stalkers and The Order of Terrors" he says.

"Why are they high ranks?" you asked another question.

The eagle sigh heavily, " They are the worst out of all of them, the most brutal, the scariest, maybe even more sinister than the devil. Their job is to kill people with the ability to use magic, I don't know how but after they kill a person with the ability to use magic, they are able to take the magic of the person." 

Your eyes widen, 'take someone's magic?' you thought, 'how?'

"You don't know how they're able to take the person's magic?" You asked the big eagle.

The eagle shakes it's head, "Unfortunately, no, apologizes master.." He said bowing. You sigh, 'I guess that's all the information I have for now'

You gestured to Mana to help you up, they go to your sides and you put your uninjured arm on Mana's shoulder so you don't fall.

Even though the eagle was staring at you for a long time, he only now noticed your injuries, "Master! what happened to you! I know a few spells to help you with your injuries! Please let me help you!" the eagle says to you.

You thought that it might be nice to finally walk without Mana's help. You nod at the bird.

Mana let's you back down on the couch and the eagle then prepares his magic, a few seconds, his wings began to shine brightly. He starts flying up and the light on his wings grew brighter, he then flapped his wings aggressively and a strong gush of wind hit you, before it could hit you, you could see how the winds looked like it was shimmering and it looked golden.

After that you felt light headed and you passed out. That moment you gained conscious it was already morning and you were on your bed. You looked at where you injuries were supposed to be and there were none.

You looked around your room and saw Mana resting their head on the big eagle, it was a nice sight to see.

You stood up from your bed and went outside to look for Lancelot only to see him right outside asleep on the floor.

'Why does he look dead' you thought because of how his just lying on the floor not moving and completely vulnerable to any danger. You sigh, 'sleeping on the floor must be uncomfortable..' you crouch down to see his face more clearly, brushing away his golden locks from his face.

His face showed discomfort, you sigh again. You sat up and used your magic to lift him up and into the room, but you remembered about the big eagle and hesitated.

'Lancelot has been with the Pendragon family for the longest of time, surely he knows about illuminated beasts, what if he tries to kill the eagle' you think to yourself, Lancelot, who was floating in the air slowly started to wake up.

He didn't realized that he was floating at first but when he did, he started panicking which caused you to panic too and lose focus and made him fall on the ground hard.

He immediately stands up and rushes to you, "Your Highness!, why are you walking all by yourself?! your ankle! and your arm! Where's Mana? Did they leave you again?" the knight quickly says to you bombarding you with questions.

"Slow down Lancelot! I'm okay now, I've recovered from my injuries, and no, Mana didn't leave me they're inside sleeping" you say to the worried knight.

He sighed relieved but then got confused, "Wait... How come you recovered so quickly" he says you looking at you.

You laughed awkwardly and said, "You'll see" you gestured for him to follow you into your room. He quickly follows you.

Once he entered the room, it didn't take long for him to see the big illuminated beast in the middle of the room fast asleep.

He steps back in fear, "An illuminated beast!" Lancelot says as he draws his sword and went into a fighting stance. His scream caused the eagle to wake up.

The eagle was surprised to see Lancelot's blade inches away from cutting him, the eagle quickly flies up to dodge the blade, this cause Mana to wake up too.

Lancelot didn't know Mana was there and almost sliced Mana in the face but thankfully Mana managed to dodge the blade in time.

Lancelot not caring about almost hurting Mana, jumps towards the illuminated beast but you used your air magic to push away his sword and throwing it across the room.

"Your highness, what are you doing?! Why are you stopping me?! That thing will kill you!" Lancelot says.

' I knew this was gonna happen... ' you thought.

You turned away from Lancelot and went to check if Mana or the eagle was injured, "Are you guys okay?" you say in a soft voice.

They all nod, "Your highness! Why are you helping illuminated beasts?! Don't you remember what happened back then?! In Camelot?! Those beasts have no souls nor a heart!" Lancelot argues again.

The eagle was shocked and hurt by Lancelot's words. You noticed the sad look of the eagle and looked at Lancelot a little annoyed.

"Look, Lancelot, I know you're worried about me and stuff like that but this eagle was being forced to do those things, you can't see it but they suffer silently, and I manage to save this eagle from being controlled, so if you hurt him I won't forgive you" you say to him in a serious tone.

Lancelot was surprised by your statement, "But your highness..." he tries to argue again.

"Lancelot, listen, This illuminated beast is not gonna kill me..." you say reassuring him and smiling warmly at him.

Lancelot sighs in defeat, "Okay, your highness.." he says trying to smile back at you.

"So... Are we just gonna ignore the fact that he almost killed me?" Mana says

"You're immortal, Mana" you say and you all bursted into laughter.

-----------------------------

Omg I'm so sorry for not updating for a month TT , my mom made me stay away from gadgets because of the migraine incident I made my friend announce, but I'm slow but surely getting better :) 

Once again I'm so so sorry for not updating TT