The Puppeteers

As the beasts outside continued to shriek and growled, the three of you tried to think of an idea on what to do.

"What do we do?!" you say panicking by the fact that they were here to get you. Suddenly everything went silent, everything felt like it was in slow motion.

It terrified you, the thought of dying, you didn't know why, you've experience death, so why are you still scared? What made you not want to die yet and just enter an eternal slumber?

Why not just end it all here...?

Ignoring the pain in your feet, you stood up, eyes blank, not a single emotion present. You felt like you were being controlled, your body moved on it's own.

You were like a puppet on strings, you wanted to stop your body from moving but failed. You got closer and closer to the curtains.

Your hand reached out to grab the curtains, you tried your hardest to stop yourself.

'Only a little bit more..." you heard a whisper, that some how made you snap out of it.

You fall, a surge of pain coursing through your body Mana runs to your side " Y/N?! Are you okay?! Get away from the curtains!" Mana says.

They carefully lifted you up and pulled you as far away from the curtains as possible.

You sat at the corner of the room feeling drained, "What.. happened?" you say panting, your heart was beating fast, really fast.

"We should be asking you that! Why were you trying to open the curtains?! Do you have a death wish or something?!" Mana says scolding you.

You tried calming yourself down so you could explain clearer.

"I didn't know what happened, it felt like something was controlling me and... I heard a whisper and I was suddenly able to move again..." you say to the two of them still not being able to comprehend what just happened.

Mana's eyes widen, they look at each other terrified " The puppeteers " they say in sync.

"The -- what now?" you say to the two boys.

"This is bad, really bad" Mana says pacing back and forth, nibbling on his nails. This made you confused, suddenly a whistle was heard from outside.

The beast stopped their banging and was replaced by silence, everyone stopped what they were doing and the three of you quietly moved over to the curtains and putting your ears against it.

Nothing can be heard from outside, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

You slowly opened the curtains.

WHOOSH!

Suddenly a strong gush of wind came through the windows, which was impossible because the windows were closed, you looked at where it came from and saw a illuminated eagle. The strong wind made you fall back.

This was the first time you saw an illuminated beast, you would be lying if you said it looks ugly, it was beautiful, it's feathers glowed like the moon and it's eyes burned like the sun, you couldn't take your eyes of it.

It looked like it was in pain, it looked like it was being forced. It cried loudly, echoing in the room. It fell to the floor unable to fly anymore. It started to crawl towards you, it rested it's head on your lap.

You wanted to help it, the poor eagle was starting to turn into light particles, you looked at the window. Without hesitation, you pulled the curtains back making the moonlight come inside the room.

As moonlight began to dominate the darkness, the eagle manage to get it's strength back, it flew around the room. The eagle suddenly starts spinning rapidly causing a wind barrier around itself.

The wind barrier suddenly burst. The eagle looked way different than it was before.

It's eyes, unlike before, was now filled with happiness and determination, it's feathers, shining in the moonlight like the stars in the night sky, it's wings was bigger than it was than before. It was almost the size of a car.

It gently flew back down, mana lifts you up and sits you down on a chair, you stared at the eagle in awe by it's beauty. It then suddenly bowed to you, making you shock.

"Dear mortal, I thank you for saving me and freeing me from that eternal control, so from this day forward I will be your humble servant, ready to serve you and help you in any way possible, as a way of repaying you for saving me, please accept me as your loyal servant, Master" it spoke out in a deep calm voice.

You sat there more shock than you ever were before, ' Did that eagle just talk?! ' you internally screamed. You tried slapping yourself thinking ' This is probably not true haha.... I'm definitely just going insane ha...' you continued to slap yourself.

The eagle was still bowing to you waiting for your respond, after a few seconds you were finally able to talk. "First of all, how can you talk?" you say to the big bird.

The bird stopped bowing , "I simply able to talk to you telepathically" the bird said in comforting voice.

"Did your creator give you this abilities?" Mana asked, 'Creator?' you thought 'Atlas?'

"No. That god forsaken person cares nothing for us, I got this abilities when I transformed into this" the gigantic bird said, he doesn't seem to to like Atlas at all.

"How many abilities do you have?" you asked the bird "I want to see your potential" you say folding your hands.

The bird nods, "I can do anything a dragon can do, I can choose whatever size I wanna be, telepath, great senses and many more" he said in confidence.

This bird can help us a lot, we can get information about Atlas from him, he is really strong and he can scare the person who send the ominous letters.

"Fine, I'll let you be my servant, under one condition, don't show yourself to anybody else or things might get a little complicated, ok?" you tell the eagle, sighing in defeat.

The eagle quickly replies "Of course!, I won't let you down, Master!" the eagle's eyes shimmered.

I hope I didn't make the wrong decision..

HI GUYS!! I'm so so so so sorry for not updating so much, it's because I'm working on the other story I told you guys about!

I really am sorry guys :(

Words can't express how sorry I am right now :(

Well that's all I hope you guys have a good day/night... (I really am sorry)

 (I really am sorry)