14 | mend relationships

Start from the beginning

She ended up eating the entire bag of snacks and drinking every single drink that was packed for her. The driver barely spoke any words to her expect asking if she was still hungry once she finished eating everything.

His hospitality was confusing to her. Despite having kidnapped her, it was like he actually cared about her well-being as well as her unborn child's.

At one point during the eight hour car ride, he even pulled over and gave her time to stretch her legs and use the restroom. By restroom, it was more like she had to find some secluded area amongst the trees and pop a squat. Avelina knew that it was probably her only chance to run, but she didn't. Mostly because they were in the middle of nowhere and she was out of shape. Not to mention, she was carrying a baby and the added weight was not going to help her in getting away effectively.

She had to get back in the car where they came across a ferry which was just a large cargo ship that carried vehicles across large bodies of water. She had never been on a ferry before. They were on there for about thirty minutes before they loaded off into an island.

Avelina quickly noticed the entire shift in the atmosphere. From the loud birds that began to appear at every angle, to the palm trees that kissed the sky. Sand took the place of grass, and beautiful crystal-blue water surrounded them.

The man kept driving until they were at a beach house. It was big, white, and was almost as tall as the palm tree. The house stretched as far as a courtyard. Avelina looked at the house in confusion just as the man stopped the car and turned the vehicle off.

He got out and opened the door for Avelina, where he helped her out of the vehicle.

"Come," he ordered.

She had no other choice but to follow him up the driveway of the lavish home and to the front door. He entered a code and the door quickly unlocked. She watched him turn the knob and open the door where she was able to look into the home.

The flooring was white marble and the living room shared a beautiful view a big pool and jacuzzi only a distance away from the beach just waiting in the backyard. Not to mention, there was a patio that overlooked it all. Windows after windows displayed something Avelina had only dreamed of ever seeing.

The kitchen wasn't too far. There was a white marble island in the middle with two stools perched in front of it. There was a staircase not too far from the living room, and Avelina followed it with her eyes to see the railing that overlooked the entire first level of the beach house.

It looked like a very lovely home and if the circumstances were different, Avelina would have actually loved every moment spent inside of it.

She turned to her kidnapper in confusion before asking, "What—"

Her attention was grasped by the man descending down the stairs. His hair was down unlike the ponytail he always kept and instead of the suit he always wore, he was shirtless and wearing a pair of shorts. Avelina wanted to blame her hormones for glancing down his body, taking in his eight-pack and firm chest. She quickly looked away from him.

"Adrik, what the hell?" she exclaimed.

Her kidnapper took that as his cue to leave because he turned on his heel and walked out of the door. The entire house dinged like an alarm system was set in place once he was gone.

"You hired someone to kidnap me? Do you not realize how scared I was? It will be a miracle if this baby is born after all the crap you are putting me through!" she yelled.

Adrik seemed to completely ignore her, instead going straight for her belly where he placed his hand over it.

"Igor treated you well, did he not?" Adrik asked.

She slapped his hand away and walked over to the couch where she plopped down. She moved her hand up to her head where she began to rub it soothingly. A headache was beginning to rupture her every thought and Adrik wasn't helping at all.

"I brought your doctor here on my private island. He will be here in exactly thirty minutes and fourty-two seconds to check up on you and the fetus—"

"Stop calling our baby a fetus, please," Avelina let out.

"Okay," Adrik said.

"Why, Adrik?" she asked so calmly despite not feeling calm at all. "Why would you do this?"

"The shooting that occurred at my home will not be the only one. Vincent is very angry and has threatened to take you from me. If I want to keep you and our... baby safe, I was advised to keep you away from the stress and danger. We will be here for as long as necessary," Adrik explained.

"Okay, well, why didn't you just ask me to come instead of kidnapping me?" Avelina questioned.

"There was a ninety-seven percent chance that your answer would be no," he answered. He was right. She would have said hell no. The last thing she wanted was to be stuck on an island with Adrik Zolotov.

"What you did was wrong," she told him.

"I am aware," was all he said.

"He has your sister," she said, referring to Vincent.

"I am aware," he repeated.

Avelina hesitated with her next question. "Why aren't you going to get her?" she asked.

"There is a ninety-eight percent chance that she will protect herself from harm," he said.

Avelina looked down at her fingers.

"I left her," Avelina said, almost feeling guilty again. Just like that, the old Avelina had returned just for a moment.

"I left you," he said. Her gaze immediately flew over to Adrik where she watched him begin to make his way outside. He only opened the door and the peaceful aroma of the ocean quickly swam into Avelina's nostrils.

"Why?" she questioned.

"It was either you or her," he answered. With that he walked outside and closed the door behind himself, leaving Avelina with nothing else to do but watch him and think.

Instagram: amarieauthor
Twitter: amarieauthor
Tiktok: amarieauthor
Facebook: authoramarie
Website: amarieauthor.carrd.co

I'm having so much trouble writing right now due to personal sadness. I hate being sad lol.

You can now read chapters 15-16 (about to be 17 shortly) on my Patreon right now! You can skip out on the wait! The link is in my description or go to https://patreon.com/eroticmarie

Thank you for reading. Please vote!