A Bright New Day

I woke up after getting a 8 hours of good sleep. After taking a few minutes to brush my hair and dressed, I heard a knock on my door.

"Coming." I answered as I take up my weapons and opened my door, only to find one of kingdom maids waiting for me.

"Lady Hero, the king is requesting the presence of all five cardinal heroes to the main throne room, I dare say." The maid told me.

"Okay, please lead the way, ma'am." I told her as I began following the maid to the throne room.

I silently followed the maid until we arrive in front of the throne room. Upon entering, the four heroes was already here.

"Finally, what took you so long? You missed breakfast." Ren asked.

"It's fine." I told him. "I'm not hungry yet."

Ren scoffed at my words as the king's booming voice took hold over the room and caught everyone's attention. "Sir heroes, today your companions shall be joining you on your adventures to combat the waves. As discussed, we have chosen only the finest and bravest adventurers in the lands. Adventurers, choose the hero you desire to follow."

I watched the adventurers trickle from the crowd as they had begun to form their respective parties. After taking a moment to assess the numbers, he quickly realized that Motoyasu had four companions, while Ren had four, Itsuki had three, and I got one, while Naofumi didn't get any.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Katana Hero." The young man in knight attire greeted. "My name is Ake Rolfe. Nice to meet you."

"The feeling is mutual, Ake." I smiled at him as we both shook hands. "My name is Rimuru Arashi."

After that, he joined my party while I looked at his stats.

Ake Rolfe
Age: 16
Level: 17
Weapon: Iron Sword
Iron Armor
Iron Helmet
Iron Boots
HP: 250
ATK: 102
MAG: 29
DEF: 157
MDEF: 30
AGI: 39
Item: None
Magic Type: Earth

"His stats are not bad for regular knight." I thought. "And with earth type magic he will good at defense."

"Your majesty, I presume a mistake of some sort has been made. None of the adventurers seem to be willing to party up with me." Naofumi protested.

"I must admit, even I was not expecting this sort of outcome." The king replied. Before he could respond further, one of his advisors stepped up and whispered something into his ear. Whatever it was, I notice the quick smirk that grew on the king's face before suddenly disappeared.

"Something's fishy here." I thought.

"It appears that a rumor has been spreading throughout the city. It tells that the Shield Hero knows little about our world. Legends say that all four of the cardinal heroes arrive with extensive knowledge of our lands."

Naofumi looked at him and was about to answer, but instead, he sighed, having no counter argument. However, he did pick up on Motoyasu's comment of, "Someone must've been spying on our meeting last night." With nothing to retort, Naofumi just stepped back into line, but not before hearing someone.

"I'll join your party Sir Shield Hero." Said a female voice.

"Well, I uh, thank you miss..." Naofumi sheppishly said.

"Myne Sophia. You may just call me Myne though." Said the now known Myne.

"Alright then. For each month, we shall provide you heroes with funds you require. Here are your funds to help you begin your adventures. Sir Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki shall be provided a base sum of 600 silvers. Since Sir Naofumi and Lady Rimuru must acquire their own adventures, he shall receiving a base sum of 800 silvers. Now sir heroes, begin your adventure and save our lands!"