ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32

Start from the beginning

When they got back to the surface. They grabbed a hold of each other meeting all of the strong waves together. Like what Qaeus probably did. They tied themselves to each other so the waves will not separate them.

It went on for a while and they were unsure of what is currently happening at the top.
Everyone thinks that the priests must have started the exorcism because it suddenly rain and the waves got stronger. Simply testing their remaining will to live.

"Where---"

"The hel----"

"Is the coast-- guard---"

The cop's voice kept getting cut off by the water as he asks the other. But nobody knew the answer to it unless they see a rescue boat.

Craeian looked at Laudemer. The two only smiled at each other. They're both crying but the water will just wash their tears away.

"It's okay Laudemer. This is all my fault not yours. I'm the one who failed to protect our family." He managed to say as they try to float.

Laudemer quickly shook his head. He wanted to say something but he was too weak to do so. So all he did is shake his head no.

They stayed there for an hour more. Craeian and Laudemer were too tired. Not being able to notice the boat that came to rescue them. Nor the weather that seems to magically calmed down.

The last thing they remembered was seeing their younger friends getting an attempt of reviving from rescuers.

+×+

Laudemer squinted his eyes when the blinding lights greeted his vision. His senses seems to be dull but it thankfully gets better.

He looked to his left and saw Craeian. Still unconscious on a hospital bed. Selene is sitting beside him and when she noticed that he's awake, she stood up and rushed to his side.
He's in the same bed too so he didn't need to ask where he is. When he looked to his right, he found Skye who's already bawling her eyes out.

"I'll call the doctor!" Selene said and immediately dashed out of their room.

"What happened?" Laudemer asked. He couldn't remember how he got from the water to a hospital bed.

"Don't worry. It's over now. Everything's okay. You just need to rest." She said as she wipes off her tears.

"What do you mean it's over?" He asked but before Skye could answer him, the doctor came in with Selene and Quillrie. Quillrie is also using a clutch due to his injured leg.

"I'm glad you're awake." He said while the doctor checks him.

Quillrie rushed to hold his hand and stood beside his bed. He smiled genuinely because he knows that it can assure Laudemer that he's okay now and he doesn't need to worry.

"I'm okay Laudemer. I got hurt but I'm okay. I'll heal so you don't have to worry about me now. I'm strong and you know that right?" He talked to him in a playful voice.

If the two oldest are always afraid to see them hurt, sad or scared.
Quillrie and the other two are scared to see them beat themselves for failing to protect each other.

So Quillrie wants to make sure that Laudemer and Craeian won't blame themselves for what happened.

But it's always easier said than done.

"I'm so sorry Quillrie. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to stop this from happening." Laudemer started crying and Quillrie does his best to not cry.

He needs to show him that he's strong and Laudemer doesn't need to worry about him. Because he knows that it will hurt him more to see the worst news.

"Laudemer don't say that. This is just an accident. And you're not a God to stop that. Things like this happens to everyone okay? And I'm alright. I'm good now so don't beat yourself like this!" Quillrie sat on the bed to hug the older because he wouldn't stop crying and apologizing.

The doctor excused himself to give them privacy. Skye and Selene on the other hand had ran out of the room just to hide their uncontrolled cries. If Laudemer is already like that by seeing Quillrie awake with a clutch.
What more if he sees Qaeus and Prince.

"Selene? Skye?" The two turned around seeing Yatch.

She's on a wheelchair and her injured leg had to be cemented. When Yatch saw them crying, she peeked into the room to check what's happening.

"Come on. Silver and Qaelust are not in their room. They're probably at Qaeus and Prince's room." She said and beckoned the two to come with her.

Skye decided to push her wheelchair on their way to the other room.
Silver and Qaelust are indeed there.

"Why did you leave your room? You two needed to rest." Yatch said to them.

"So do you." Silver said blankly. She's sitting beside Prince's bed.

Her face is covered with bruise and cuts. But not a single expression made it there as she watches Prince blankly.

By some luck. Or probably God showed them mercy. Prince and Qaeus lived but they are comatose for goodness knows how long.
Qaeus was lucky to live despite his injury on his shoulder.

If Silver was heavily affected and traumatized by what happened. Qaelust is way worse. Because she wouldn't stop blaming herself for what happened.
And since the incident which was two days ago, Qaelust had never spoken a single word again. And she doesn't plan to unless Qaeus wakes up to scold her.

Selene and Skye were hurt but atleast not as bad as Yatch and Qaelust. The two needs to undergo a therapy since the damage are on their legs.

And like Skye said, it is indeed finally over.

Enough to say that no more spirits to bother them again.

After the priests condemned the three evil spirits to hell. Lorreta and Bemy are both sent to an institution after having proven that they are mentally unstable.

Quin on the other hand volunteered to be taken to a detention center. She admits that she knows what she's doing but didn't have the will and strength to stop herself. She also took full responsibility even of Lorreta's crimes but the Ms. Volkswitch insists to proceed with the investigation to give fair judgement to her so the punishment will be accordingly.

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.