chapter 23~moms

I woke up for school, but today was a special day. It was my birthday. Well, not really. Today is the anniversary of my adoption. I ran to Karasuma's room, but he wasn't there. I sighed. "I guess he left early." I muttered. The truth is Karasuma and I hardly ever celebrated my birthday. He always had to work or go to meetings. I got dressed. "Well, I guess I can hang out with my friends." I said.

~meanwhile in class E~

"Does everyone understand the plan?" Karasuma asked and everyone nodded. "Today is her birthday and we're going to make it the best she's ever had. Right?" Karasuma continued. "Right!" Everyone cheered.

back to you:

Once I got to the old campus, I slid the staff room door open and saw Karasuma at his desk. "Karasuma, it's my birthday! Let's go out for cake, later." I said. "I have a meeting today." Karasuma said. I pouted then sighed. "Okay." I said and walked to class. That put a damper on my day, but I have friends I could hang out with. I walked into the classroom and sat down. "What's wrong, [Y/n]?" Kayano asked. "Today's my birthday and the old man has to work. Do you wanna hang out afterschool?" I asked and her eyes widened a bit. "Today's your birthday?! I already had plans today. Sorry." She said and I sighed. "It's no problem." I said. The day went back pretty slowly and after lunch I skipped the rest of the day. I walked around in town while eating ice cream and spotted Asano coming out of a flower shop. I raised a brow. "What are you doing?" I asked and scared him a little. "N-Nothing, goodbye." He quickly said and left. "Huh?" I muttered then shrugged. I continued to walk. I ran into Maehara as well. He was standing near a cake shop. "So you're skipping too?" I asked and Maehara smirked. "Yep." He said and grabbed my wrist then licked my ice cream. "Hey!" I yelled. "Let's go." Maehara said and I raised a brow. "Where?" I asked. "To the arcade. If we're skipping school, we should have some fun." He said and dragged me away. I have to admit I had fun with Maehara. He was surprisingly good at arcade games. Maehara used all the tickets he collected to get me a big teddy bear. "Happy birthday, since I can't hang out after school." He said. "It's cool. I'm used to spending my birthday alone." I said. I waved Maehara 'goodbye'. I was going to drop the bear off at my apartment then head back to school. I stopped at my front door and saw a bouquet of orange tulips. I raised a brow and looked at the card. 'From the annoying orange. Happy Birthday.' It read. "That's why he was at the flower shop." I muttered and walked into my apartment. I set the bear on the couch and the flowers on the table. I locked the door and started walking to school, but I ran into Karma on the way. "Yo." He greeted. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked. "To get you. We're doing another assassination attempt and we need your help." Karma said and reached in his pocket. "Oh and....happy birthday." He finished and pulled out a red rose. I smiled. "Thank you." I said and took it. Karma and I walked back to school, cracking jokes. We made it to the old campus and it suddenly got dark. "What are you doing?!" I asked. "Don't worry, just follow me." Karma said and grabbed my hand. I was led into a room and Karma let go of my hand. The blindfold came off and I blinked a few times to clear my vision. "Surprise!" Everyone cheered. My eyes widened. "You guys..." I was speechless. Karasuma place a party hat on my head. "Did you plan all of this?" I asked and he nodded. "Aww, thanks, old man." I said and hugged him. The party was really fun. It was the best birthday I ever had.

~next day~

Today, we had to plan for our future. I sighed and placed my head on the desk. There was no reason for me to do this. The only reason I'm here is to kill the octopus. There was only 4 months left. "Imoto-chan, what are you planning to do in the future?" Haru asked. I sighed again. "I don't know. I already work for the government, so I have no idea. What about you?" I said. "We were hoping that once Koro-sensei is dead and our record is clear, we could join the military with you." Kohaku said. The class door slid open and Irina walked in. "Is that octopus seriously doing career counseling?" She asked while twirling her hair. I've notice ever since our encounter with Reaper, Irina has changed a bit. 'I bet she's still after Karasuma.' I thought to myself.