Emotions happen

While one gem's education started, a different gem's learning was near the end. Behind a wall Sapphire could observe the new teammate without disturbance.

The new gem was weird by Sapphire's standards. They went around looking for other gems as if they were scared of being alone. That's completely different behaviour from when they were picked up from the sand.

Sensei was teaching about language so they could start communicating with other gems. The thing is while they learned quite fast for a newborn, they were horrible at remembering the given material. That's a complete polar opposite from Sapphire. Even better was that Moissanite always seem to look like they're confused which is disturbing.

Moissanite gazed in Sapphire's direction much to their dismay. They ducked so the newborn wouldn't see them and betray their position. The sparkly gem still waved in Sapphire's direction. The blue gem's face morphed into a harsh glare from the betrayal, while the bright gem's face expression turned into confusion from the reaction.

"It seems you noticed something Moissanite," Sensei commented idly while looking straight ahead into Sapphire's eyes. "Sapphire, you should come here and join us in this lesson, it may benefit you in some way."

Mentally cursing the deep blue gem came over to the pair with contempt. Standing next to Moissanite and standing still they gave up and with a clank fell to the ground sitting. Moissanite curiously looked down at them while Sapphire looked annoyed at the attention.

"You mad?" Language still not fully developed Moissanite asked a simple question.

Eyes widening Sapphire turned their head to Moissanite in shock. Shaking their head they turned their gaze to Sensei. Reluctantly Moissanite returned their attention to Sensei.

"Again, we are learning about pronunciation and how the meaning can change in different situations," he explained for Sapphire.

An hour later when Sensei finished explaining the material to two gems who were zoning out that he gave homework to Moissanite. "You shall help Moissanite with their homework since they haven't grasped the principles of writing yet," he casually explained and left without sound.

Casually tilting their head and nearly blinding their desk mate Moissanite inquired: "Will you help?"

Sapphire's mind blanked like a wet towel from the innocent question. Even if they did agree, they wouldn't be able to explain anything from their psychological handicap, the blue gem argued in their head. With mild dissatisfaction Sapphire nodded their head.

Just from that small action Moissanite smiled brightly reflecting the whole room with their shine and furthermore inducing the urge to take out their eyeballs in Sapphire.

"That's kind," smiling they stated.

Waving their hand Sapphire lowered their gaze at the offending material called homework to realise it's a harder grade. The blue gem got gutted mentally from shock at the revelation they found out. Because Moissanite wasn't an air head.

Moissanite not realising anything got a bit worried about the reactions Sapphire was creating with their face. Still they patiently smiled at them while Sapphire was creating those obviously weird face expressions.

In the end it was harder than anything to help Moissanite with their homework since Moissanite wasn't around Sapphire for hundred years to realise the small signals from their body language that gave answers to a lot of questions. Homework did get done either way.

_________________________________

Being allowed to wander through the green grass while birds are chirping Moissanite observed their surroundings. No gem was in sight. Looking down at their hands which were holding a sword that Red Diamond shoved to them saying, "It's for when Lunarians show up!" was confusing.

What they did like was the vibrant ants on the ground that ignored the gem without a second thought. Moissanite thought the small entities looked cute.

As Moissanite reflected light a bit too well and made themself a bright spot in the middle of grass a black dot appeared in the sky.

It's a bright day with sun shining down and making every gem delighted from the warm sunlight. That changed when distinct instrumental sounds polluted the air.

Moissanite a bit confused looked up at the sky where in large quantities weird figures could be seen on a black platform. In the middle was a larger figure that seemed as the leader there.
"What are they?" confused and a tad bit terrified they exclaimed.

It all went bad when the strange figures took their bows and aimed them at Moissanite. The gem's eyes widened in fear and not knowing what to do. The bows got unleashed and they still were stuck in one place not moving.

The bright gem almost got hit until a blue flash pushed them to the ground in panic. Sapphire's face was adorned with the biggest frown Moissanite has seen I their short life.

Another round of arrows were fired and Sapphire with a jagged sword in anger blocked them. With a spare second they motioned with their head to the direction where the school resides.

Understanding the situation Moissanite in terror started sprinting towards the school looking back at the enraged gem.

The arrows were still aimed at the brightest gem from the both of them and Sapphire in frustration blocked the offending weapons one more time before setting their heel in the ground and jumping up in the sky.

Clumsily landing on the platform Sapphire looked around to see the entities and they decided those things look horrendous with their ugly outfits.

The ugly beings aimed their arrows at Sapphire and they got a rush of relief since Moissanite wasn't getting targeted. Sprinting past the arrows on this platform is harder concluded Sapphire, since everything was in closer proximity.

Sapphire slashed a lunarian next to them and got dumbfounded as the thing poofed out of existence.

The things took advantage of the fact Sapphire got confused and fired arrows to their back making them crack unevenly. They jumped back offended.

Were are the other gems, impatiently thought Sapphire seeing how those ugly things are picking up their pieces that fell in a moment of weakness.

At least Moissanite wasn't injured, the mad gem slashed a hoard of lunarians.
Those poofed in the air while the others relentlessly fired off arrows without any problems.

This is harder then I thought, jumping up near the biggest lunarian Sapphire thought as they missed the slash and almost fell to their face.

I slipped! The deep blue gem thought in horror as all the arrows got aimed at them while they were on the ground crouching.

This is the end for me, no? Sapphire thought with mixed emotions as the arrows fired at them faster than before.

_______________________________________