𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐲. Alicia was nothing but ecstatic. She loved the fame factor she got on negro day. She loved being in front of the cameras and having the lights shining towards her. After all she loved being in the spotlight. Some even say its rare for her not to be 'the center of attention'. Her mom Maybelle and the host Corny decided to swap positions for the day and she couldn't be happier for her mom. All this meant is that Maybelle and Alicia would be seeing a lot more of Corny, although Alicia was happy about this Maybelle was a bit sceptical about this months Negro day. Corny and Alicia were the same age, they had been friends for years but this time they weren't acting as they normally would. Alicia was all giggly and Corny was more. . . affectionate , shall we say?

Today they were called into the wyzt studio to talk about the upcoming negro day after today's episode of Corny Collins aired. They had put their best outfits as they knew they were going to be on the big screen, just to remind viewers about the next negro day coming up. Even if it was for a minute or less.

"Get ready!" Velma Von Tussle barked at them, rushing them to their positions.

"That woman man.." Alicia mumbled as she followed her mum onto set.

"Don't even feed into it." Maybelle looked down at her daughter, who was brushing herself of.

As Alicia moved herself in between Corny and her mum Corny spoke up,

"Good afternoon Alicia.", she looked up at him, "Collins" She flashed a smile, maintaining eye-contact. Alicia couldn't think straight until Maybelle cleared her throat, pulling her out of this trance.

Alicia and Corny quickly tore their attention away from each other and turned towards the camera with bright smiles. Clapping along with the rest of the crowd, the two pretended like what just happened never existed, although Miss Baltimore Crabs saw the entire scene play out.

"Hey! That was our very own Link Larkin singing, it takes two!" Corny showed his signature grin as he spoke in his phoney television voice. As Maybelle finished with her reminder of negro day Corny spoke up, "Brenda will be taking a leave of absence, how long will you be gone Brenda?"

Brenda cleared her throat and said, "Just nine months!". Alicia snickered but quickly stop when she felt her mums sharp nails tug at her skin, causing the corners of Cornys mouth to raise. "Seems like we will have a new opening for a girl just as fun as Brenda but maybe not as free-wheeling." He said, earning laughs from Alicia along with the crowd of dancers. As the camera moved onto Link, Maybelle and Alicia began to make their way of set Corny whispered to her, "You're gonna make me lose my job one of these days, doll." She snickered, "Wow, who can imagine the Corny Collins show without the Corny Collins himself!" She whispered back, "Meet me after the show?" He asked her, with pleading eyes. "Maybe." Alicia shrugged as she flipped her hair over her shoulder, leaving Corny in a complete trance.

They thought they were being slick with it, except they had the eyes of a certain blonde following their every move, refusing to take her eyes of them. As everyone began to leave set Velma pulled Amber aside. "Keep an eye on Corny and Anika..whatever her name is. I assume their up to no good. If I catch Corny up to no good I can finally fire him with reason." She quietly muttered.

Amber nodded like an eager puppy before scurrying back onto set.

Meanwhile Alicia felt overwhelmed with her mother's eyes practically staring into her soul, "What?" She asked as they removed their makeup, "Nothing." Maybelle replied bluntly causing her daughter to teasingly roll her eyes while scoffing.

After they had finished, Maybelle began to walk out with her daughter, "Wanna stop by the icecream parlour on the way back home?" She asked, knowing that Alicia rarely ever said no to icecream, Alicia bit her lip nervously, contemplating whether she should or not.

Eventually, after a few seconds of contemplation Alicia ended up declining, "Uh no thanks, I'm going out with...Mariam?" She said - almost asif it were a question.

"Well see you later then." Mariam didn't believe her daughter but decided not to pry, thinking that it was none of her business.