chapter ten: caution signs

Start from the beginning

"Okay first off, I have no idea where Amelia Island is." I replied simply.

I wasn't against a vacation, but I wasn't exactly for it, either. We had a lot of work to catch up on since we wasted the last few days making out (I guess that's not a day wasted, really) and babying Sap's injuries.

"It's a nice little area, you'll love it. Sunny this time of year, good food spots, relaxed vibes. We can wait a little longer until Sap feels well enough, and then take a week off and travel there." Dream said, sounding very hopeful about this vacation.

"Okay...as long as you plan it all and get everything figured out, I'm in, I guess. That sounds nice." I smiled at Dream, and he smiled back. "Are we going to get to share a bedroom?"

"Well, no. Sap's going with us." Dream reminded me.

"Okay...and?" I replied.

"He doesn't know about us." Dream said, hanging his head down now and fiddling with one of my blankets that he had slung over his lap.

"Dream-" I began, getting cut off by Dream.

"You said it's just kissing." Dream said.

"Yeah, for now."

"And you said we'd take it slow? We'd take this at whatever pace I wanted?"

"Yes, Dream."

"The vacation house has four bedrooms."

"Okay. I understand." I replied.

Even though I was a little upset about Dream not wanting to sleep in the same bed as me when vacation was the perfect opportunity for this, I couldn't be mad him. Our situation, our relationship, our...whatever it is, is unique, and it's going to be hard to navigate. But I'm in for it.

I'm so excited for this: for me, for Dream, for us. Even if it is just kisses and distanced glances for now- it's worth it, I think...

Dream must have seen me lost in thought as he leaned in closer to me and whispered:

"You look really cute when you're sleepy."

I grinned, shaking my head.

"You wanna sleep in here with me tonight?" I asked, secretly pleading in my head that he would say yes.

"I can't." Dream replied.

"Yes you can. I'll close and lock the door, how is Sap gonna know you're in here?" I commented.

"No, I mean I can't, at least tonight. I'm getting up early tomorrow morning to have brunch with Drista, and then I'm helping her and mom move all their shit back into their house. I should probably already be asleep right now. Goodnight, George." Dream said.