7: Desire?

Samael's face showed no emotion but gritting his teeth. His glowing yellow like sun eyes didn't flicker but darken instead. While listening to Thanatos rumbling, he keeps thinking about what he did that Thanatos changed in a short amount of time.

No one can say that Thanatos really changed but Samael can say that it really did. The keeps repeating routine and action of Than is already engraved in Samael's mind. Simple changes can really affect what he remembers.

“Ugh! I feel like I'm a virgin father taking care of ten kids!”

Samael frowns. Virgin father that takes care of ten kids. The ten kids were him while the virgin father was Thanatos. Is Thanatos virgin?

Of course, Thanatos is a virgin. For almost a hundred years, he didn't leave Samael's side even a single one second except if Samael was planning to go to the Humans. Thanatos himself commanded the Great War of Demonica after what Beatrice did to Samael. Thanatos is the first ever person who really wants to save him, protect him and serve him. He was like a crazy maniac who was obsessed that time but sudden changes happened.

Thanatos often shows him a creepy chilling smile but since three days ago, Thanatos has been keeping a space away from him. Samael can read Thanatos easily but this time, a straight face was now masking the butler. He is also getting weirder and weirder. Thanatos hates flowers but why did he plant a bunch of yellow flowers in the garden? Why did he play with Armaros if Thanatos hates rabbits? Thanatos always hates Humans so he always finds their flaws but why does Thanatos let those humans work without him being mad at them?

“I want to beg him to refrain from going outside as the Aamon are now aware of him and mine's existence. Bullshit!”

Those words didn't let Samael's ears to be accepted as he was drowning in his own thoughts.

Samael again looks at the open door of the bathroom. He can clearly see Thanatos slender smooth white legs that are always hidden in the black trousers.

“Seriously, if ever my vacation is permitted. I'll find a pretty fellow! My sexuality is neither a straight ruler or a flagpole that can be bent so looking for a person that can accept a one night stand may be… hard?”

Samael was choked by Thanatos words. He keeps hearing the ‘Vacation’ since Thanatos vents out his frustration. As Samael is the only person that is able to understand Than, this time. He can't to the point Samael is thinking if he really knows Thanatos that well.

One night stand? What does he mean by that?

Making sure no noises of him coughing to relieve the choking, his eyes didn't stop looking at Thanatos exposed legs.

Than, please close your bathroom door for devil's sake.

Nate stood up and exited the bathtub. He quickly dried himself and wore an oversized shirt that was hanging in the small cloth racks. Nate on Earth often sleeps naked to avoid insomnia, reducing stress and anxiety levels. His wallet has also benefited because of the decreased electric bill.

After cleaning his bathroom, he went back to his bedroom but his face turned shocked seeing someone sitting on the edge of his bed. The redhead wearing a bathrobe, the exposed skin glistening in the light emitting from the mana stones.

Did he hear me rumbling, venting and cursing? Since when he came here? Is he done f*cking that man? Who is the top? The bottom?

“My lord, what are you doing here?”

Samael bit his tongue. The sight of Thanatos was… very unwelcome. Thin shirt exposing his smooth slender white legs, his green hair is quite wet and messy, Thanatos face is flush red due to the cold air going in and out from the open window.

“I bought a slave. The one with me a while ago. Give him a room tomorrow, make sure that he will adapt to this place.” Samael's eyes are busy roaming every corner of Thanatos' body.

Samael continued. “Give him an identification card too and some allowance.”

Nate, who wanted to raise his eyebrow just said “Yes, My lord.” and just bowed.

Is he the countess now? Wow, another workload! Poor Tommy, I'll give you a summary of everyday's work and schedule to ease the incoming madness.

He wants to ask if he is aware that the slave he bought is a mana user. Are his words right? He meant if that slave is aura user. He can see calluses in that slender man's hand. The black and leather brown eyes that hold battle experience.

After that, no one spoke. The deafening quiet envelopes Thanatos' room, Samael's pet being blindly hardened to Than's sight, while Nate who is starting to get drowsy for the lack of sleep.

Ey, Mr. Cat! Shoo! My head is spinning! I want to sleep. This is my room! My bed is waving its hands at me! It wanted to embrace me as soon as possible.

Nate is standing still, already forgetting his state. He can't see the cat looking deeply looking at him due to his eyes being blurry.

Samael bit harder his tongue. He doesn't want this so he before his sanity loss. He escapes away from the desire inside the room and goes back to his room.

Nate who was now dazed on how that cat ran like someone will eat him alive.

He closed the bathroom's door and his room's door. He closed the lid of the mana stone acting as the light and slumped his body in his bed.

Tomorrow, let Thanatos body and Nate's soul taste the feeling of a sweet vacation. He will really spend it with no regrets and full of happiness to the point he will send a resignation letter and forget the letter of recommendation! Praise the Demon God!

His back kissing the cold and comfortable bed along with the chilling air lull him to sleep.