5: Beatrice¹

Nate's head is not currently working. His head felt cold and his lungs feel more suffocating. Its not tension or anything like he is nervous. Its just his guts is saying so.

Its already past 12 in the middle of the night. The cat haven't arrived home yet... Yes, yet. Thanatos instinct is saying that the cat will arrive soon but in a inappropriate manner and state.

Nate standing in the middle of the hall of the entrance. The wide and big crystal chandelier glistening in the light of the moon escaping from the big arch glass window. The gold sculptures of animal heads in different corner made this place more terrifying.

What if they move? What if their headless body suddenly showed up and then chase Nate? Oh, god! The bloody and open skin, revealing the flesh with maggots and bugs. Shit! Why I'm imagining such this thing?

Neither its Thanatos or Nate's instinct but his sudden leap in the other side made him survive the sudden attack.

What the fuck? I'm busy thinking gore but suddenly death fetch me?

The man in black hiding from the shadow attack Thanatos again. The sight of daggers from both of the man hands holding like a ice pick sends Nate a shiver down to his spine.

He became Thanatos but this doesn't mean that he have to become Thanatos and accept the whole new him.

The man vanished from Nate's sight. But he knows that this man is hiding his presence. He wants to finish this really quick but he don't know any fighting moves to ensure his safety.

Nate let Thanatos eat the half of him. He is still conscious and he can feel his body. Thanatos and him now are mixing. It was like a oil and water, mixing together.

Nate don't move really much. He just step two forward and grab something in the air. Sooner, the man showed while Nate gripping his neck hard. Some cracklings sound can be heard.

"You have to be thankful as My lord haven't arrived yet. I want to ask you some questions but that would be sad." Nate is completely being Thanatos. And he is completely aware of it.

Nate end up killing the man quickly. Gripping the neck more and more until the man in the black showed pale and very cold skin. There is no reason for Nate to ask the man, if he will then another problem and goal will be added to his list. The drool on the mouth escaping from the man's face cover made Nate flinched.

Now he knows why Thanatos hate Humans. Do they have toothpaste and toothbrush? Does they gurgle or use mouthwash? The smell might not that really smelly but Thanatos sharp senses made him smell the disgusting scent.

"Now, my problem is where to hide or bury this body?"

Before Nate sigh, the empty hand of him instantly reveal a black flame with a white in the edges. Its not hot but instead, its warm.

Nate just shrugged and burn the man. It was quick. Like how he kill the man. The ashes also burn leaving nothing behind. It don't have any smell and it doesn't feel anything.

Nate instantly jump away from where he burn the man. He dodge something by sitting and then he stick out his right long leg. He raised his left hand pull the invisible cloth and slammed it in the ground.

Then there reveal a another man in black. Nate's attack aren't that heavy to receive but it was confusing as seeing the man bathing in his own blood.

Is Thanatos really that strong? And how the fuck I'm going to clean this shit? The blood is smudging now everywhere!

Nate elegantly walk towards the man lying in the ground. The clean white tiles that adorned with golds are now painted by a deep color of blood.

"Speak. This is too bothersome." he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Nate's mood sank. His angry and most of all inpatient. His master yet not arrived and there is pest now in the manor.

As far as Thanatos know, no one knows that half of this county and its land have a population of demons. Armaros don't explore around and only going in out to the garden. So, the thing about Armaros being exposed as a demon is kinda impossible. This place have a intense security ordered by Thanatos himself.

"Y-you...demons....mus...st die!" the man barely have a strength to talk.

Thanatos raised his brow and smirk. "Let me give you some information. Demons are hard to kill when you are using a simple weapon. Chant it with holy magic and tada! You can now kill us. If you are thinking about the usage of Light Magic. Bruh, we can use that too ya' know."

That's the truth. Demons can evolve like pokemons too. They have now capable to think more and learn more. As they evolve, their capabilities to use and learn magic skills increase too. The only flaw about them is they are Demons. Demons are enemy of the god and humans. If black magic can help demons and if holy magic can help human then demon can die by the holy magic and humans can turn into a demon once they started learning black magic. How unfair, right?

Nate read how demons evolve in the game. There is a library in that game which open for everyone who is in stress because of the quests. The Demons in the game doesn't appear. Only the monsters and mystical creatures.

So his knowledge about this world may right or maybe wrong but he don't have any other reason to believe it for a while.

"For Queen Beatrice!"

Nate quickly leap to the man side as the man pulled another dagger to who the hell knows where that thing came from. The sharp edge is facing the lying man while griping hard the handle.

When Nate tried to pull up the dagger, it was too late when the man shoved the dagger to his head. The blood then spurted out from the man's mouth.

Nate is not in dismayed. The feeling of sadness for the man's life is not his responsibility to mourn. And why the hell he have to stabbed his head instead of the heart? Then the blood spurt like a fountain? There is no blood vessel of blood connected to brain and mouth right? He is not sure either.

The only thing he is worrying is..."Fuck this, the other one died cleanly while this jerk died after he smudge his blood everywhere!"

The green haired man thumped his feet with a angry face. It was now easy to Nate to use the black flame and burn the corpse.

"I'll curse you for forcing me to clean your blood."

Another basic magic about cleaning was used by Nate. His irritation reach the sky and cursing the god in heaven.

He was almost done when he suddenly paused. He saw something to where the man lied a while ago. It was a 1/8 size of a paper. It was already painted by blood but the words written on it is still readable.

The words send shiver and goosebumps. No one knows, only him.

.

'Kill the personification of Death as he was now dead.'

-Beatrice